Those who came to support: Our family (of course), LTC Steve Jarvis, retired COL Vance Theodore (Jeremy's advisor at BYU over the Chaplain program), LTC Gene Whitmore (who has been absolutely awesome through this process), SPC Delbert Young and his wife, 2LT Anthony Moya (another friend from BYU), LTC Williams and his wife (LTC Williams was Jeremy's 6th grade teacher and now works at Draper headquarters, where the ceremony was held), COL Gerald White (State Chaplain for Utah, and Jeremy's now supervisor), and SFC Jeremy Dimond (from the officer recruiting branch who helped Jeremy get his paperwork through).
Jeremy asked his Dad to swear him in, which his Dad was very honored to do. :)
Jeremy asked me to remove his Staff Sergeant patch and "punch" his 2LT patch on. I am so grateful he thought to give me that honor, it was a special moment after the hard work we've put in to get here together. :)
I ripped off the patch and put the 2LT patch on, and instead of punching him just did a couple of hard pats, lol. He stepped back like I was that strong, but I think he was just being nice, lolol.
Jeremy's first salute from a lower rank, that is one of his good friends in his cohort, Delbert Young, who is also waiting to commission soon.
Say hello to 2LT Jarvis!! :)
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.