Sunday, May 5, 2019

Anderson is ONE!! :)

Anderson is one!! :) My sweet, tiny baby is getting so big! He got his first haircut just after he turned one, and he looks so handsome. He has such a fun, happy personality. After his afternoon nap he can be a little ornery sometimes, so we cuddle on the couch while he looks out the front window, and then he will sit in his high chair and eat snacks or play with toys on his tray while I cook dinner. I love that he will just hang out with me in the kitchen. :) I finished his quilt top, which is what he's laying on in his pictures, I still need to finish the back and the tying, and then it will be ready for him to use! I love him so much, his personality is so amazing for our family. I love how expressive his face is, he uses his little eyebrows so much and it makes me laugh. I am so grateful for him. :)

  • He is wearing 12-18 month clothes and is about 22 pounds. 
  • Nicknames: Lil' Tasty, chicken (Daddy calls him this), nugget, Ander-boy, and his brothers call him baby. lolol. 
  • He doesn't like any fruit except for grapes that I cut in eighths, tiny bites of apple, and little cuties cut small, he spits everything else out!
  • He has been eating better, finally. He loves greek yogurt, grilled cheese in tiny bites with tomato soup, cheerios, pita pizzas, oatmeal, rice, veggie and bean quesadillas, lentils, beans, most soups and brown rice. He also really loves sourdough bread and my homemade bran muffins.
  • He eats really well with his fingers, I offer his yogurt and soup with a spoon and he mostly plays in it, but he's getting better with the spoon! He also thinks it's so fun to drink out of a sippy cup. :)
  • He is still waking up about two times per night, and nursing both times. He goes to bed around 7-7:30 and sleeps until 6-6:30. (Started sleeping through the night around 13-14 months)
  • His favorite word is "da." When you show him a duck he says "duh," and he says "mama."
  • He has still been taking two naps per day, one in the morning around 10, and one in the afternoon around 1, for about an hour each.
  • He has cut four teeth so far, the bottom two came in around 12-13 months.    
  • He has taken a couple of steps, but is still very cautious. He will take a step or two and then get down and crawl, he is super fast!! 
  • He still shakes his head "no-no" and thinks it's so funny! He also loves to play peek-a-boo, and dance to ANY music he hears. I love it! 
  • He loves his blanket Grandma Brown made him, he sleeps with it every night and every nap time. I lay it out flat and put him on it and he throws his arms out wide, then I swaddle him in it and cuddle him while he nurses and he loves it! So do I. :) 
  • After his afternoon nap I go get him and we sit on the couch upstairs together and cuddle, he loves to look out the window. 
  • He loves Hot Wheels, toy cars in general, anything random he can find in the cupboards, opening and closing things (cupboard doors, the washer and dryer doors, toys with doors and lids), he also loves the new push car he got for his birthday! He loves anything he can push or slide around on the floor, so that was the perfect toy for him!
  • He can cluck his little tongue and has started jabbering a little bit in his own little language, it's absolutely adorable, his talking reminds me of Bridger at this age, actually.



Sweet, tiny hands. :)

Llama!


We had a little birthday party for him a couple weeks after he turned one so that Grandma and Grandpa Brown could be there to celebrate both his and Benson's birthdays. I made a yummy carrot cake for him that he LOVED, he ate all of it and wasn't hesitant at all to get messy...I think he might be the first kid to really just start eating the cake, lol. He loved opening his presents!! It was so fun to watch him. :)






























No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.