Wednesday, August 24, 2016

Camping. :)

We went camping over the week of July 4th. We went up to Mahogany Cove, up Beaver Canyon. We reserved the entire site for a week (because they made us, otherwise it was first come first serve). So...we had like 7 campsites to ourselves! We did end up renting a few out to people. Anyway, it was super beautiful and the weather was pretty good, it rained the first two days, which cooled it down quite a bit, then it was sunny the rest of the week! We had three families there and a fourth the last two days, so we all took a day to plan a craft and we all took turns with meals. 

There were also bears up there! GAH. I was anxiety girl the entire time because I thought a bear was going to find us. :l Jeremy carried his gun the whole time, but still! The first night it was raining and it was so hard to tell if there was something there because the rain hitting sounded like crunching gravel...so I was up all night wondering if some weird guy, a bear, or some other animal creeping around out there...or if it was just rain. I actually almost had a panic attack, it was around 1 in the morning and everyone was asleep, including Jeremy who was also snoring. Like I said, the rain sounded like crunching gravel and I started to really feel something was there. My thoughts started racing and I started shaking and my thoughts were like *can bears smell fear? I'm pretty sure they can smell fear. Breathe in slow and breathe out slow. Chill out or it might attack* etc. etc. etc. I reached for Jeremy, while shaking, and I was whispering and said, "Babe! Can you hear that??" And he was like, "I already heard that, it's nothing." And then he proceeded to pass out again. And my thoughts... *how can he say he heard it cause he was just snoring for the last hour??!!" So I woke him up again and I was whispering, "Are you sure? Because I think something might be out there!" He felt me shaking, so he got up and got his gun and put it under his pillow, then held my hand and went back to sleep. As far as he was concerned...PROBLEM SOLVED. Lol. I finally forced myself to go to sleep, hoping a bear didn't like claw into our tent while we were asleep. We actually never even saw a bear. BUT, my Dad said he heard one the first day. Yeah. Totally, freaky. The campground people said to put ALL food, utensils, toothpaste...everything, into the cars at night because of the bears. OH. And, add that to the fact that I make MILK. So, here I am in our tent, nursing our baby at night, doesn't that basically make me like bait or something? Anyway. Maybe we'll go somewhere else next year...lol. 

Otherwise, it was super fun and all three of our boys loved it. I was a little nervous about taking Benson at 3.5 months, but he loved being outside and did really well! It got a little chilly at night, but we all stayed pretty warm. :) 


This is a fuzzy picture, but the boys wanted a picture of the train track Jeremy made for them. 





























Jeremy always makes fun of this cool hat.







Jeremy playing Army with all the kids! They used the bow and arrows we made for craft one day as "weapons." When my brother got there a few days later they split into teams and played games, they had a blast!

















When we got back from camping Jeremy and Jarom helped my Dad with some pretty intense yard work! Jarom let the boys "help" him for a little bit and they LOVED it. Little boys dreams come true, right??








No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.