This is my favorite one. :)
Baby #3 is due in March!! March 26th, to be exact, but I don't really prefer due dates...I think of them more as "guess dates." Lol. So I'll stick with March.
Can you tell they are happy about it?? ;)
We waited a long time to tell anyone this time, with Bridger we shared our news around 12 weeks, with Beckham around 15 weeks, but this time was a little longer. Let me start at the beginning...
We found out I was pregnant the day we got home from our week-long camping trip in July and Jeremy and I were both really happy. We had miscarried in January, then waited a few months for me to recover, then started trying again and it had taken a few months, so when we saw those two lines together we were very grateful. :) I was about 5 weeks at the time. Morning sickness started around 6-7 weeks, no throwing up, just SO SO tired and super nauseous, I felt like the
That Tuesday I called a doctor I hadn't seen in over six years! They didn't even have my right last name or anything, but they ordered a blood test and ultrasound for me, they were great. :) I went and got my blood tested and we drove over to St. George to get our ultrasound. I was hoping with all my heart that our little one was still there, Jeremy too, we were both nervous so we said a prayer before we went inside. They called us back and she started the ultrasound, immediately I searched for the heartbeat and after a few seconds Jeremy and I both saw it, and we saw our little baby wiggling around, happy as could be. I cried. Jeremy and I couldn't stop smiling at each other. :) We did find out what had caused the bleeding (and I guess the fluid?) I had a subchorionic hemorrhage, which is basically a blood clot or bleeding between the uterine wall and the placenta. It was medium-ish size, so with the relief that our baby was there was also still the stress of hoping that the hematoma would clear up on it's own. We were told they usually clear up on their own before 20 weeks, but they can cause some serious problems if they don't. The doctor I talked to didn't seem very concerned, but we started praying and fasting that it would clear up. That was when we decided that we would wait to share our news, until we were further along and knew better what was going on. I stopped working out and lifting pretty much anything except Beckham, that was hard. A couple weeks later, at 13 weeks, I had my first midwife appointment and I had just dropped Jeremy off at the airport for a work trip, I had bled again that night and was hoping that maybe, just maybe, it had cleared up. At my appointment we heard the heartbeat (it was in the 140's). I was happy to hear that our little one was still doing ok. :)
These three ultrasound pictures are from our 11 week ultrasound...
I should add that I started to feel MUCH better around 14 weeks, my heavens, that first trimester is rough.
At 17 weeks we finally had another ultrasound, even though it was very fuzzy, it looked like most, or all, of the hematoma had cleared up and baby was doing good. And yes, we kept the gender a surprise again, I told the ultrasound tech that we wanted to keep it a surprise, so when she got to that part she said, "ok, I can see what it is, so you should look away if you don't want to know." I looked away, but it was extremely tempting to look back at that screen, I was like, "look away, babe," but Jeremy tried to see! ha! I laughed so hard when he said he kept watching and still didn't know! Little punk. I would have been so mad if he knew and I didn't. :) I am still waiting to hear back on the "actual results" from the radiologist.
These three are from our 17 week ultrasound...
We are now 20 weeks (on Saturday). :) After our last ultrasound we felt like it would be okay to share our news, so we did. It's a relief to not have to keep it a secret anymore! It would have been hard to not tell for much longer, my belly is starting to poke out now and only a couple pairs of my pants still fit. :) I have been able to work out again this week and it has felt so good! I'm very grateful. :)













This comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDeleteYay! BABY! That's so scary. I was always worried and nothing like that even happened to me. It was nice once she started moving because then I could actually feel that she was still there. Ha ha, and then I would poke her every morning just to make sure!
ReplyDeleteI know! I always make sure to take a minute every so often and feel the kicks, lol. :)
DeleteCongratulations! Those boys look so cute. I was absolutely certain I would miscarry until about 16 weeks when I could feel her move everyday. I was so scared to want to feel close to her when I was sure I would lose her. I'm not sure why I felt like that because she's as healthy and happy as can be. I'm so glad everything worked out for you!
ReplyDeleteBy the way, this is Jennifer. I'm just on Aaron's email. lol.
DeleteHa ha! I was like, who is Aaron??? I figured it was you after I read the comment, lol. Being able to feel their movements really does help so much! Thanks. :)
Delete