Wednesday, October 13, 2010
Positive
Just a few weeks ago, on our way back up north from Hurricane, Jeremy and I were listening to a CD my mom let us borrow. It's basically about being positive about your life, your job, everything! I love it. :) Just last night I went on a cleaning frenzie starting at 9 pm...it lasted until 10:30 but I got a lot done, I think it's that nesting instinct because I could NOT stop. I think Jeremy was afraid I was going to go for forever, and I probably would have but this pregnant belly tires me out faster (good thing for my husband because he was ready for bed). Anyway, what does this have to do with the positive cd? Well, you know that feeling you get when you finish the laundry and it's all put away, or, when you take out all the trash cans in the house and you know there's no more trash left? Or, in my case, when I cleaned our house? That feeling feels so so good, and I think people should savor it! I think that feeling is one of the blessings of life, given to those who try to be positive. Sure, I was tired and a little dirty but I was so happy! It's all about looking for reasons to feel happy, there are two sides to everything, a positive side and a negative side and we choose which side we want to be on. Personally, I find it extremely difficult to be friends with people who are negative all the time, does anyone else feel that way...? That negative aura is kinda like a bubble I don't want to touch, sure, everyone get's down sometimes and that's normal but people who can find a way to be happy and positive are so much better to be around! I have decided I want to find more things to be happy about. Sometimes when I pray I devote my prayer only to telling my Heavenly Father the things I am thankful for and not asking for anything at all...you know what I found? I LOVE doing that. :) It makes me happy and full of love for those around me and for the gospel. One thing I want to start doing is a thankful journal. I got the idea from relief society at our gratitude dinner, all you do is write down when someone does something nice for your family or positive experiences that happen. The reason for doing this is so that when our children get older they will be able to have a copy of the journal and can look back through it to see God's hand in our lives in all the experiences, and it can strengthen their testimony of God's love for us. So my goal is to really focus on finding things to be happy about instead of things to be stressed or upset about, and to be more positive so that I can be used as a tool in God's hands, Heavenly Father can't use ornery people to help others, besides...no one has ever seen, or met, a negative apostle or prophet, right? "Follow the prophet..." ;)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.