Sunday, June 30, 2013

Fruit Snacks...? What? :)

Ok, so I have to give a little pre-info for this story to make sense...Jeremy was at AT for two weeks (annual training for those of you who don't know what that means). So, he was around a bunch of army dudes who swear after every other word and use the F word in every sentence at least, people use it for everything, it's ridiculous. He is used to it and most of the time, once they learn that he doesn't swear, they try not to in front of him. But still, he was around a LOT of swearing for an entire two weeks. THEN, he went straight to a 10-week training, which is what he's doing right now, and there's still swearing all over the place, ha ha. I can tell being away from home and around a bunch of guys for that long affects him a little, when he gets home he calls me dude on accident and things like that, but he has never sworn, ha ha...on to the story.

I just can't stop laughing about this.

So, yesterday we were getting ready for dinner...setting the table and warming up the leftovers...and Bridger was saying he didn't want to eat (he's been sick and hasn't eaten anything for like a week! It's freaking us out). We have to be really careful about what we say now because he understands everything, especially when it relates to the snacks he loves so we have started having to spell things out sometimes...

*Remember, he had just gotten back from AT...

Jeremy: What is he going to eat, then?

Me: I don't know.

Jeremy: Should I get him some F-snacks?

Me: F-snacks??! What??

Jeremy: What? (with a face of innocence)

Me: Babe, that is not appropriate. BEEP snacks??

Jeremy: Fruit snacks...I didn't want Bridge to know what I was talking about...

bahaha.

I totally thought the F was a swearword. Leave it to me to jump to conclusions. Jeremy was just laughing.

I even started to tell him he had been at AT too long! ha ha. My poor husband, we were both on totally different trains of thought. People he is around totally would use it like that though, they just throw it in even if it doesn't really fit, they just say it to say it...if that makes sense?

We've been calling them F snacks now. That's terrible. 

How's that for an uplifting Sunday post? ;) ha ha. 



1 comment:

  1. Haha. Being a parent is all about 'code'... suddenly 'chocolate' is a swear word in our house so Autumn doesn't understand! ;) We spell words out a lot, and then we have to decode what our kids say, because it can be confusing. Haha. I can understand what Autumn is saying, when other's can't, but sometimes I can understand what other toddlers are saying! :D

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.