Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Valentine's Day. :)

I say this every year, but I really love Valentine's Day...it's like a half-year anniversary for us. :) This year Jeremy had to work, but we had fun anyway. I had no idea what to do...I did a really cute scavenger hunt last year and I didn't really want to do a repeat so I kept looking and looking. FINALLY, I decided that I was going to make a CD for him with some...uhh...let's just say...romance songs, ha ha. Those kind of songs are kind of a little joke between the two of us, so I knew he'd love it. The night before V-Day I put it in his CD player and turned the volume up so he'd get a nice idea of my plans for the day. :) bahaha. He got up at five that morning and left, I was trying to act all tired and out of it like I usually am, but I was too excited. When I heard his car start I just busted up laughing and I wanted to call him...my favorite part of surprises is seeing the person's face...BUT I resisted and let him listen. I called him later and he said he was just laughing, he was totally surprised.

I tried to think about what I could do for Bridger...and I remembered play dough!! He loves that stuff. :)


I love that he has always crossed his little feet like this.


That morning I took Bridger over to give Capri her Valentine, she had one for him too, they were both SO excited to see each other. I love it. :) ha ha. They got to play for about an hour and had a blast, they just love each other.

That's Capri's Valentine and the other one is mine...or so I thought...

Then, I put together a little box with a bunch of red candy in it with a little note that said "You Are RED HOT!" We stopped by for a little surprise visit at his work. :) Bridge loves going to see daddy at work. We can't go inside because, obviously, Bridge and I don't have security clearances, ha ha. But he stares at the front doors waiting for him to come out, and when he does he starts laughing and yelling "dad, dad!" It's cute. So, Jeremy took a break with us, when we were getting ready to leave he put his present in his car...he was too embarrassed to take it inside, ha ha. I love doing things like that to him, he's so cute when he's shy. :)



When Jeremy got home from work I had a really simple scavenger hunt that I put together in like five minutes on some hearts I cut out to lead him to his "big" present. :) I had been waiting for like three weeks to give it to him! ah. So. He got home and followed the clues, I recorded the very last one which took him down to the basement...he was starting to get frustrated because I purposely made it really vague, he had no idea where to look. So I pointed him to a corner and started saying "hot" or "cold." He found it so fast after that. I had hidden his present in our Christmas tree box. :) It was the only place it would fit. When he saw it he couldn't believe it, he was like "are you serious??! How did you buy this???! Oh my gosh!" He was freaking out. :) I got him a Ruger 30-06 rifle and some ammo. He's been wanting one...so yeah. I splurged a little. A LOT. :s But he loved it. He just wanted to keep staring at it, he was like a little boy at Christmas, ha ha.

One of my clues. :)

The search...

More of the search...

And finally...

He found it!!

Little boy at Christmas, right? ha ha.

After I bought that (very sneakily I might say) we didn't have any money left over, I take care of the finances, so I just told him that V-Day would have to be small (I felt kinda bad that I took all the money, ha ha, but I don't think he minded after he saw what I spent it on.) My cutie butt husband got creative anyway. :) The night before, I had a relief society activity and while I was gone, him and Bridger made a homemade chocolate heart for me and wrapped it in saran wrap...before he left for work in the morning he left it on the table with a whole bunch of tiny paper hearts cut out, I almost cried because it was so cute. :) I love my boys. They are so sweet. :) He also bought me THREE Symphony bars (my favorite chocolate of all time) and made these homemade paper wrappers that said "Dr. J's Love Bars" ha ha. One said it was for breakfast, one for lunch and one for dinner. :) He knows me so well, ha ha.

My boys homemade chocolate heart. :)

And Dr. J's LOVE Bars. baha.

I went and got a Hot-N-Ready for dinner to keep things simple, then we played with Bridge for awhile before putting him to bed, and that's when Bridge finally got his little Valentine, which he loved! I think it was kind of a party for him because we don't usually just give him candy...he was done after two chocolates ha ha.



 Jeremy did a little homework while I finished something up and then it was my next surprise! I had printed out a love memory game that had cards like..."break open the sparkling cider," "give your spouse a 3 minute massage..." things like that, I printed that game off the Dating Diva's website and it turned out so fun. :) I love that site, it's the bomb.




Anyway, we had a blast! Even if I hadn't bought Jeremy a gun, we both would have loved our Valentine's Day...for the whole day, including dinner, I only spent like $20 (which is awesome!), and it was perfect...he really didn't expect such a huge gift but it was just a bonus. :) I love to give surprises, I love to get surprises, and I love Valentine's Day. :) I hope everyone was able to feel loved, whether by their spouses, family members, or friends. Happy Valentine's! (late, but it still counts). :)

2 comments:

  1. Wow! You are like the best wife ever! Aaron is dying for a gun...maybe next year. I love dating divas too! One of my favorite sites!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Jenny- you are such an awesome wife! Jeremy is so lucky to have you! Glad you guys had such a great V-day!

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.