It seems like whenever we leave for more than like five days a mouse decides to take over the house.
No way. When I see a mouse the war is on.
I HATE mice. They freak the crap out of me and make me feel like my house has been tainted and made all filthy. It's disgusting.
SO.
We left for Christmas on a Thursday and stayed all the way until the next Sunday evening, ten days total...you can guess what we came home to find...
We got home late, the roads were awful so instead of a 3.5 hour drive it took us 5 hours to get home and I had a headache. When we finally got there it was 10:30 pm, so Bridge went straight to bed. But THEN we forgot Jeremy needed a haircut before work the next day, so at 11 at night I gave him a haircut. He showered and we got ready for bed, by the time we were in bed it was after midnight! I passed out immediately, I was exhausted. Awhile later I heard Jeremy roll out of bed and I groggily asked him what time it was, he told me it was almost 1 in the morning, but that he heard something downstairs...how am I supposed to sleep after that???
My heart was pounding because I wasn't sure what he had heard so I listened as he went downstairs, then I heard him say "aaahhh man!" and then I heard some silverware being thrown in the sink. In that moment I knew there was a mouse. He set out a trap and came back upstairs but then we both kept thinking we heard things and were all nervous, I think we finally both fell asleep around 2. Jeremy had to wake up early for work, I felt so bad. :(
So, the next day Bridger and I ate breakfast in bed because I was too scared to go downstairs with the disgusting creature that was hiding somewhere, so now I have broken Life cereal and little sugar crystals in my sheets. We left the house for most of the morning and got back in the late afternoon, I hadn't seen anything and I was feeling pretty good, maybe we scared that dang mouse away!!
I locked Bridger upstairs with the baby gate while I cleaned so he wouldn't get into the traps or get touched by the mouse. I came downstairs feeling really good, cleaning my house and not feeling so scared...but I opened the pantry and leaned in to put away the cereal and this mouse literally JUMPS OUT AT ME!
I must admit I have never screamed a scream like that in my life. And I apologize to anyone who was outside our house because I am sure it sounded like I was being murdered.
Here's me: "AAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHH!!!! AAAAHHHH!!! AAAAAHHHHH!!! AAAAAAHHHHHH!!!!!"
Here's the mouse: ...
But it like jumped at me and it was shaking and freaking out. When I finally got control of myself I ran to a chair and stood there until my brain started functioning. I ripped my phone out of my pocket and called Jeremy and when he answered I shakily told him what happened as I tried to control my hyperventilating. I could tell he was trying not to laugh. My limbs were tingling and I couldn't catch my breath I heard Bridger crying upstairs, locked up there by the baby gate until he pushed it down and I heard him at the top of the stairs, when I told him to stay there he started crying again. (I'm just the most brave, most awesome mom huh? ha ha.) Jeremy told me to put a trap where I'd seen the mouse, but I just couldn't get that close, so I grabbed some sticky paper I bought and threw it on the floor, then shoved it into place using our mop. I then made a chair bridge and hopped across them to get upstairs to my crying and very upset child. I didn't go back downstairs until Jeremy got home an hour later. That night we set out every trap in our house and all the sticky paper, that mouse didn't have a chance.
The next day (New Year's) the mouse was caught, I saw it stuck on the sticky paper and almost threw up. My awesome husband took care of it for me and then we had to deep clean and sanitize our ENTIRE kitchen. Happy New Year to us! Ha. At least we are starting out with a sparkling kitchen. :) We went to Wal Mart that day and bought plastic tubs for everything edible on the bottom two shelves of our pantry...no mouse is eating breakfast, lunch, or dinner in our pantry again. :)
I'm still a little afraid of the pantry, I think I may have been a little bit traumatized. Bridger too, maybe, since he heard me screaming. I'm not sure about that.
At least the mouse is gone. And I hope there are no more. :)
Thursday, January 3, 2013
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
hate to break it to you, chica, but mice can go upstairs too. And now that there are little crumbs of broken life cereal and sugar crystals in your bed, it's a PRIME target for the next little mouse! ;)
ReplyDeleteBahahaha...we had one crawl under the door in Hawaii while I was peeing! I like stopped mid-pee and jumped ontop of the toilet seat screaming like a maniac. The mouse just stared at me and my sister came and trapped it with a net and sling shot it into the neighbors yard. They were so bad there! Here its too cold for any critters or bugs. Favorite thing about Alaska ever!
ReplyDelete