Thursday, January 3, 2013

Happy New Year!! :)

New Year's Eve was pretty low key for us, Jeremy had to work all day and I was home with Bridger trying to avoid the mouse. We were a little bummed we couldn't stay in Hurricane longer to celebrate with my family but we ended up having an awesome evening! We invited Justin and Amanda (our next door neighbors) over for dinner. Bridge and Capri had a blast playing and they both, surprisingly ate some of my homemade pizza. :) We put our kids to bed and then watched a movie, that new batman one, whatever it's called...I thought it was really good! Amanda made some amazing peppermint brownies that I could have eaten all night too. mmm.

We started our movie, but had to pause it halfway through so we could watch the ball drop and count down with it online at midnight (yes. it was a replay, Jeremy gives me a hard time about that ha ha), then we had sparkling cider in our crystal wine glasses (ha. probably just glass, but hey. crystal is more fun). It's just a little tradition we have. :) After that we finished our movie, it didn't end until around two in the morning!! Holy cow. I could hardly keep my eyes open. But we had such a blast, I'm so grateful for awesome friends. :) But sadly, I totally spaced getting any pictures...

I'm not way into setting New Year goals, because usually I just forget them in a month...or week. I just try to do better everyday. :) I don't really like to dwell on the past too much because I get kind of sad, but 2012 held a lot of changes for us and definitely a lot of growing...with parenting, callings, and some personal things. And I just have to say this, it went so fast. So fast it kind of scares me because where did all that time go?? That's why I'm sad! It feels like my baby just turned one and now his second birthday is...TOMORROW. I'm sort of having a small break down right now, and I sort of expected it. ;) I did on his first birthday too. All night I've been telling Jeremy "honey, I was in labor with Bridger right now two years ago..." and tomorrow morning at 9:31 AM I'm sure I'll say, "honey! Bridger had just barely been born...two years ago this very minute I was holding my brand new, beautiful, handsome baby boy in my arms for the first time." And I'll probably be holding Bridger, crying. ha ha. While he tries to go play with his toys because he doesn't really know it's his birthday and doesn't understand why I'm crying. Anyway, I'll probably have a post up about his birthday tomorrow night. :) ha ha.

Anyway, Happy New Year everyone. :) I hope this year is great for all of you!



 These last three are just random pics that I totally forgot to post...this was probably back in August or September...those are Grandpa's glasses and he LOVES to play on the computer. He's my little nerd and I love it.
 
 My two boys and their cute beanies. :)

 This was really supposed to be a Christmas present but Bridge got it on New Year's Day, he was SO excited, he couldn't even wait for daddy to finish putting it together!

 One of my all time favorite pictures. :) ha ha. I love this boy. He's such a goofball.

 His first time in the snow!!...and in his snowsuit...he didn't like it too much at first.

 He's so cute. He wasn't so sure about the snow boots either and he was walking all funny without bending his knees, it was hilarious! Pretty soon he got the hang of it and he loved it, he keeps handing me his snow boots so he can go outside. :) My little marshmallow. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.