Wednesday, February 15, 2012

L.O.V.E. Day :)

I absolutely LOVE Valentine's Day, I always have, even when I wasn't married or when I was single. To me, Valentine's Day isn't just for couples, it's a day where I can do something really special for ALL the people I love. I didn't get to see any of my other family members this year, but I have a lot of really fun memories from V-day growing up. My parents always bought those mini boxes of chocolate that are shaped like hearts with little cartoons on them and they would put our names on them, in the morning we would always run downstairs, knowing they would be waiting for us...I am totally passing the tradition on to my children. :) I tell my husband every day that I love him, but Valentine's is sort of like a mini anniversary for us ha ha, we go all out, it's a day we like to take to focus on each other and our marriage. When Bridger get's older, we will do something for him too, but at this point, he was having fun tearing up the stuff I made for Jeremy, so that was his Valentine. :) Anyway, I have been planning this Valentine's Day for a few weeks, so I was way excited. As many of you probably saw on facebook, I thought Jeremy had left for work early that morning and I was kinda sad, I fell back to sleep until Bridger woke up around 7:30, I didn't want to get out of bed but did it anyway and went and got him out of his crib. As I was stumbling groggily down the hall with Bridger in my arms to head downstairs I smelled something. Something delicious. All of a sudden I was SO happy and knew that he was still here! I immediately snapped out of my grogginess and practically ran downstairs to see him standing at the stove with his army pants on making delicious crepes for me! For a second the smile left my face, when I noticed that he was dressed for work, and I asked him if he was still leaving, he started laughing and said of course not, then I was happy again. :) He finished my crepes and put strawberries inside with whipped cream and cinammin sugar on top. They literally tasted like heaven, those combined with my sexy husband cooking was almost more than I could handle, I was like beaming light everywhere from happiness probably. After that, I gave him his present, I got him "The Incredibles" movie, which we watched that morning. He gave me "Beauty and the Beast" and some delicious chocolate, which I loved! For lunch he took me to Jimmy Johns and Smoothie King and then we took everything to the park and ate there with Bridger, it was cute but pretty chilly! Jeremy had physcial Therapy so I ran to the store while he was there and then we headed home. This year was my year to plan the evening, so I made some homemade spaghetti (his favorite food, plus, it's romantic...) with salad and garlic bread...he absoultely LOVED it! We ate in candlelight (which Bridger thought was pretty interesting...lol). I gave Jeremy a "love poster" with candy bars to fill in some of the words, he loved it and so did Bridger, he's still having a blast tearing the candy bars off and playing with the tape! Afterward, Jeremy gave Bridger a bath and got him ready for bed and I set up the rest of the evening which consisted of a scavenger hunt leading to our bedroom, so I hid the envelopes and got our bedroom all ready with rose petals, chocolates, candles, and some other unmentionables. When Bridger was in bed, the hunt began...They were way easy clues, but before he could read the next clue there was always a task, for example, one of them was "sweep your lady into your arms and dance to an entire romantic song before reading the next clue." We danced to our wedding song, "You're My Better Half" by Keith Urban, in the living room. Another clue was "Kiss your woman like you've never kissed her before," one was "make a toast and share some bubbly" or something like that and another was "share your favorite memory with each other." You get the picture, right? ha ha. It turned out to be way fun and romantic, he loved it! The last clue led to our bedroom, where he was left to eat chocolates while I...you know...changed (dang V.S., I spend all my money there.). Anyway, we both agreed that this was probably the best Valentine's Day yet, I hope they only get better!! P.S.-I found the scavenger hunt idea from the "Dating Diva's" blog. Here are some pictures from our fun day...    

 My super hott hunk of love and sexiness
.
 The light is weird in our kitchen, so these looked MUCH better in person. :)

 Bridger at breakfast. :)

 My present to Jeremy...

Bridger thinks this is for him...ok, it sort of is. ;)

 Dinner...we actually ate with the lights off and had just the candles but that didn't work out for a picture very well... :)

 Flower petals & chocolates for the scavenger hunt, I also had candles everywhere, I must say that it smelled delicious in there. ;) Oh, and you can't see it, but I made Jeremy wear this red velvety looking face mask bahaha it was awesome.

The love poster I made for Jeremy.

Bridger's Valentine party. He loves his baths. :) ha ha

Happy late Valentine's Day to everyone! :)

3 comments:

  1. What cute ideas! How in the world do you find the time to do all of that while being a mom, wife, AND going to school? You're amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awe, this was a great post! You guys are such a great couple... and a great example of marriage... it's supposte to be better than when you're dating, more fun and more special! :D Haha, I was laughing at the part when you said "unmentionables" ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. How fun. <3 The poster and the scavenger hunt were awesome touches to what sounds like a fantastic day. Kudos to Jeremy for taking time off to be with you and Bridger, AND for making an amazing breakfast. :)

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.