Saturday, January 1, 2011

It wasn't funny then, but it is now...

Have you ever been really excited about a specific day or anything, and then the day comes and it totally sucks? It's almost like you get yourself too excited and then it's not as cool as you thought it was going to be or something. I don't know, but New Years Eve day was "one of those days." Me and Jeremy had been looking forward to having a nice relaxing day at home chilling and having fun, but, it turned out WAY different then we expected. Now, that morning was great, we woke up at ten and were happy and had a delicious breakfast...we even sold our table and the guy came and picked it up! Then, we were all excited to put together our new table, so, we open all the boxes...and me being the extrememly picky and perfectionist person that I am was able to see every nick and scratch or microtear and threw a fit (I blame the pregnancy hormones, there are only two weeks left to do that so I better take advantage of it. ;) ). Anyway, I was getting pretty upset when five out of six seats were not perfect and one of the chairs had an inch long scuff mark, so, then Jeremy got ornery and frustrated and I got even more mad. Moving on in my story, Jeremy told me to call the place and tell them about everything. so I did. They told me they would switch it all out for these other ones...one minor thing...we live 1 hour and 20 minutes away!! So much for having a nice relaxing day at home right? So we pack everything up and take off and our moods start getting better, then I notice that Jeremy got some type of something from the engine on his brand new sweater while putting in windshield wiper fluid before we left so then he was sad again. We finally got home around 5:30 in the evening from our unexpected trip...so that kind of ruined our dutch oven potato dinner plans. We decided to still grill up our steak and we would do mashed potatoes instead. So as Jeremy sat out in the snowstorm with the coals, I began mashed potatoes. Now, I actually have never made a good dish of mashed potatoes in my life! They usually turn out like glue...or...burned to the pan or something. These ones were more like the glue kind. Then, as Jeremy was bringing the steak in to finish cooking it inside, I turn around as he opens the door and SPLAT. There goes our steak. Right off the plate, down his sweater and jeans, and on to the dirty floor. We looked at each other for half a second, then just started laughing. We couldn't help it, after everything that had happened that day it was just the best finishing touch of all time. He picked it up and rinsed it off a little, then finished cooking. I am usually a freak about dirty food germs but you know what? I could've cared less that night! It was the most delicious dinner of all time, the night got a whole lot better after that and we had an awesome New Years Eve party together, so, in the end, we were both really happy and ended up laughing about our day.

By the way, Friday marked the beginning of 38 weeks! :) whoo! And...Happy New Year everyone!! :)    

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.