We've got a teenager!! Bridger turned 13 on the 4th. :) He was sad to not be a "little kid" anymore, but also happy. We went to a trampoline park near our house and we pretty much had it to ourselves, we had a blast! We strolled around Walmart looking for something he might light (a tradition where they usually get to buy a small toy), but Bridger didn't want anything like that, so I gifted him $20 and we went home, haha. He chose pepperoni, sausage, bacon pizza for dinner, and Grandma's chocolate fudge cake for dessert. We also stayed up late playing games. :) I love him.
He has grown so much this year! He has stepped into his priesthood duties as a deacon this past year so well, passing the Sacrament and helping clean the church every Sunday. He also loves going to do baptisms for the dead with us and with the youth in the ward when they do their temple trips to Helena. He went on overnight camp trips for the first time this year with the young men in the ward and has made new friends! He has still been reading his scriptures consistently (on his own! I encourage, but don't force it).
He played soccer this year, and while he finished the season, he didn't love it and I'm not sure he'll choose to play on a team again next year, but we'll see! But he really LOVES skiing, it's his favorite sport, by far. He did really enjoy a ninja class he took this past year.
His passion for coding has grown even deeper this year, I think. Instead of using Scratch as much, he's modding on Minecraft. And to support his learning, he's taking a Python coding class this year that he really enjoys. He's also still in 3D Animation and loves that, too. He's been asking for awhile if he can start a YouTube channel and we finally agreed that if he could show us a 3-month plan, we'd support him in that. He got pretty much everything he needs to set up for it (microphone, etc.) for Christmas and his birthday, and we also bought him a 4-week class on Outschool that teaches how to set up a channel and all the ins and out. I'm looking forward to seeing where he decides to go with it, he has an eye for detail and quality, so I know he'll do a great job.
He loves to stay up late...and sleep late! Ha. He does an excellent job on his school work, I can trust him completely to do what he is supposed to do without skipping anything.
I love to see him growing and learning and developing his interests, to see who he is becoming. He is amazing.
- What is your favorite toy? I don't really play with toys anymore, but I like my infinity cube and other fidget toys!
- What is your favorite part about school? Coding and 3D animation.
- Who is your favorite scripture hero? Nephi.
- What is your favorite food? Pepperoni Sausage Bacon Beef Chicken Pizza.
- What is your favorite dessert? Cake.
- What is your favorite vegetable? Saurkraut.
- What is your favorite fruit? Grapes, or lemons.
- What do you want to be when you grow up? I want to have a tech company.
- What is your favorite snack? Popcorn with natural yeast that makes it taste cheesy.
- What is your favorite book? Percy Jackson, but I'm currently reading Skyward by Brandon Sanderson.
- What is your favorite thing to have for breakfast? Cereal, even though we never have it. Or garlic toast.
- What is your favorite holiday? Christmas or easter, because we have a big easter egg hunt at Grandma and Grandpa Brown's house.
- What does Mom always say to you? You're a handsome boy. (It's kinda sus)
- What does Dad always say to you? What are you doing on there? (When I'm on the computer)
- What is your favorite TV show? I usually watch YouTube, but I like Studio C.
- Who is your best friend? Captain.
- What are you really good at? Minecraft, video games, and coding. Also writing random poems and rap songs.
- If you could have a wish, what would it be? That I could have the power to think of anything and it becomes real; even impossible stuff, like a machine that gives you superpowers.
- What is your favorite primary song? I don't know, I haven't been to primary in a long time. I like Gesthemane, but I never learned any other songs after I started young men's.
- What vegetable do you hate the most? Sweet potatoes.
- Best memory from this year? Our fishing trip in the summer, or the time I got near the top of trending on Scratch, but I think I'm going to move on from Scratch because people use cheats and exploits to get on trending, so I didn't stay on it that long.
- Something you accomplished? I finally started a YouTube channel.
Stuff Bridger wrote (Including the title): I'm always exciting to do the questions for each year and see what my mom writes about me. I also can't stop thinking about how fast I'm growing up; I'll be 16 and driving around before I know it. I also like thinking to myself about all kinds of stuff in my mind, like talking for videos and stuff. Just last night I was making a video in my head talking about cameras on devices and why older devices have more motion blur. (It's because as older devices process the photo at slower speeds than new tech, if something's moving, it will create a trail behind it. At least, that's what I think.) I like figuring out a lot of stuff just by thinking about it. I can just watch videos and other stuff and figure out how they made it, and how games are coded just by looking at how it works. I could honestly just write about life in my point of view for hours. That's why I invented MindOS. It's basically this thing you put on your ear and it projects images, music, and other media into your mind. There are two modes, mind mode (It displays in your thoughts), or 3D mode (It shows a big glassy 3D screen in the air, and will create simulated shadows and reflections around it, to seem like it's real). The screen will always reflect colors of your view, and icons will not be affected. If there is something in the way or it needs to warn you about something ahead of you, it will reshape itself so you can see through a hole in the screen and identify what's there. Of course, if this thing organizes your thoughts and vocabulary, life's going to be a whole lot easier. That's why you will have your daily brain excersices, such as the device not bringing your information to you automacally or doing math for you. Or you could easily take it off for a while. The device will automatically organize anything in your mind, such as books from series, or anything you could make a list out of. You can also immerse yourself in a realistic virtual world that shows a unique location, like the moon, or just have AI create a digital area that you can interact with objects in from your house. Of course, if you had it turn your house into a jungle, your items would be themed into something new. Such as silverware turned to wood, the floor turned to nature, and more. Although, you probably wouldn't want to drink some dirty water in a wood cup, so you can just turn off the virtual world. MindOS can also write a story or create a movie of your life, from your point of view, or different camera angles from other people wearing the same ear addon you see at the store or something. Anything from another person's point of view will automacally be sent to you, because you should always know every embarrassing thing you've done and post it on social media. Yeah, I have a lot of ideas. I have a blog I'm writing about this stuff in. Actually, I should add this to it, because a lot of the stuff I just wrote is stuff I just came up with. Oh yeah, there's also going to be an AI assistant that you can ask to re-watch some memories about whatever you want. Someday, I'm going to make MindOS a reality and keep my entire life safe inside the digital cloud.
*Comes back a minute later*
Welcome to Bridger's Adventures! Also, I just looked in the funny things from 2023 blog, and Anderson said, "Fox and *** rhyme. But my mom acutally wrote the real word! ._. Maybe she meant something else...
*Comes back again*
I just read Roslyn's birthday post, and my mom said I was wrestling with her on the trampoline? I don't even fight or punch or wrestle or anything! I need to stop reading all these posts...
Yes, I'm back again. I was just trying to find something to complain about this time. Also, my mom wrote a post about trip to Hurricane, Halloween, Thanksgiving and New Year's, but she FORGOT the halloween part. Of course, I would just complain that she forgot to buy me the led face mask that I wanted so bad, so I had to go trick or treating NAKED. Like, without a costume. So I just wore my hoodie, and stayed behind, acting cool. Every once in a while, we would come up to a house that had a bowl with candy just sitting outside, so I snuck a couple of those. My dad said I looked like some kind of thief with my hoodie on. ._.
I just came upstairs to show my mom all this stuff I wrote (She's lying in bed because she hurt her back a the gym). I told her about this stuff, and she's like, "I'm not even done yet. I still have to put in the pictures and stuff. And this is supposed to be about your birthday, Bridger." She also said when I got to the mask part, "I FORGOT, or I refused?" As I continued reading... "LIES!" I ask her about the swear word, and she's like, "I just wrote what he said. It's funny if I write the whole thing." Then I'm like, "So you'll write the f-word? Then she's like, "No, I'm just quoting what he said!"
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.