Little Ander dude turned six on February 18th! He was so excited for his birthday and was so happy all day! He got to play two hours of Lego City on the Switch, then he went shopping with Daddy for a new toy and ingredients for dinner. He chose homemade pizza for dinner and chocolate fudge cake for dessert. :)
Ander is growing so much, I'm so proud of him! He played soccer for the first time this past year and while he didn't want to play sometimes (and was quite dramatic about how hot it was, haha), at least he was willing to try. He LOVED his coach (Brandi Boatman from our ward), and she was SO good and patient with him. She also taught him in primary and he would always sit by her, they are little besties, haha. Also, he looked adorable in his little soccer gear.
He is still our little mechanical engineer. I walk into rooms to find that he's taken all sorts of things and created machines, it's the way his mind works, haha. For example, he used a foam roller, fan, paper, and an exercise weight to make a cannon that actually blew a paper bomb out! Haha. One of his gifts for his birthday was a marble race and it's one of his very favorite gifts! He plays with it all the time.
He's a cool dude. He has quite the "I'm too cool for everyone" attitude. He has this natural, signature smolder and this little side smile he's done since he was born. One example, when he was walking out of his tiny primary class his teacher said "bye Anderson!", and Ander walked out with his hands in his pockets with that little side smirk he does and didn't say a word or turn around. Just kept walking. Hahaha. I would say he tends to be more on the serious side, and he has a huge imagination, so he and Benson and Roz have a lot of fun playing together. He's absolutely adorable and I love him so much (even if he wipes all my kisses off!). But on the other side of that, when he's feeling really happy and in the right mood, he is SO sweet. Like, he can make me cry with his sweetness.
He always needs a "squeeze, hug, kiss" before Jeremy or I leave, and always right before bed, too. He loves nighttime cuddles. He loves his baby turtle and all of his fox stuffed animals, his favorite are the foxes now and he always wants more.
He enjoys sauerkraut, raw bell peppers, carrots, and celery. He loves to have peanut butter and honey for lunch, and I would say his favorite meal is homemade pizza! He loves lasagna and spaghetti, too. He likes every kind of fruit and he loves walnuts, almonds, cashews, and pumpkin seeds. He loves a bowl of oatmeal or toasted sourdough for breakfast, and he loves to make his "greens" using powder with almond or cashew milk, and he really likes Dad's smoothies.
He loves to build LEGO's, ride his bike, jump on the trampoline, build machines, play water balloons or water guns, play catch, and go for a walk or to the park. He graduated from his strider bike to a pedal bike this year and he caught on the very first time he rode it! Seriously, he was so fast! And ever since, he has LOVED riding his bike. I think he'll be ready to go mountain biking with us soon.
He also started Kindergarten this year! I laugh thinking about the first few months. He had the hardest time sitting down to do his "schoolwork." Haha, it was like fifteen minutes of work. He would groan and complain that it was "terrible," and it did take longer because of that, but the last few months he has been reading so well and completing his work quickly! He's doing awesome!! I'm super impressed with how quickly his reading has improved, it seemed like it was just all of a sudden, but all his hard work is paying off.
We love Anderson so much, forever. He brings a creative and wise energy to our family. He is so busy all the time! Always. Building, creating, imagining. We've always felt that he is a mature soul, and we're grateful for the privilege we have to have him in our eternal family.
- What is your favorite toy? My police station.
- What is your favorite part about school? Nothing. Like, the mazes.
- Who is your favorite scripture hero? I don't like any, except for Jesus. *smiles all cute*
- What is your favorite food? Macaroni & Cheese
- What is your favorite dessert? Chocolate cake
- What is your favorite vegetable? Celery
- What is your favorite fruit? Tomatoes
- What do you want to be when you grow up? A police. That's what I mostly want to be.
- What is your favorite snack? Chocolate cookies
- What is your favorite book? My Valentine's LEGO book!
- What is your favorite thing to have for breakfast? Puffed kamut
- What is your favorite holiday? Christmas
- What does Mom always say to you? Love you.
- What does Dad always say to you? Bye.
- What is your favorite TV show? Mizen (a YouTube channel with Minecraft shows)
- Who is your best friend? I don't know all of the names. Laurel.
- What are you really good at? Sports, basketball (I don't think I've seen him play this yet, haha)
- If you could have a wish, what would it be? I could do whatever I want
- What is your favorite primary song? Popcorn Popping On the Apricot Tree
- What vegetable do you hate the most? Onions
- Best memory from this year? Learning to ride my bike, boat ride, and playing soccer.
- Something you accomplished? Riding bikes.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.