Tuesday, March 3, 2020

Bridger is NINE!! :)



Bridger turned NINE on January 4th! I can hardly believe how fast time has gone, that my tiny newborn is now nine years old, halfway to being an adult! *I've cried over this* He has shown so much maturity in the last few months, and he has been such an excellent and responsible helper with his siblings. He grew and accomplished so much this year! There were a lot of firsts! He played coach pitch and learned to hit really well, he started scouts and went to day camp, he won the Pinewood Derby, and has had his first "real" crush (Zoe Bendixen-we've taken every opportunity to tease him about this, it's adorable). He loves to read, especially books with FACTS. He will read other books and enjoys them, but books with facts he will read over and over and over. He has grown so much in how he is doing with his school work, it used to take him all. day. long. to get his work done and we would both get so frustrated, but over the last several months he has learned to really focus and apply himself. We call it using “brain power,” and that really resonated with him and helped him learn what it feels like to focus, as soon as he connected that he started finishing his work in just a couple hours rather than all day (or not at all!). I’m so proud of him. He is SO silly sometimes, and can get very rambunctious with his brothers. He builds amazing LEGO creations, loves Snap Circuits and Magformers, and and has already decided that he wants to be an electrical engineer when he grows up. When I asked him why he said, “because I like high-tech stuff and I’m curious about electronics and stuff.” He has several inventions that he feels he needs to get done so he can “help the world.” *that makes me so happy* He described all of his inventions below. :) 

Bridger says:
“One invention is “The Sleep Machine,” a big white block with a button that you push when you need to go to sleep, after you push the button you get 30 seconds to get comfortable and then you instantly go to sleep.

Another is a gray block with a button you push to go back in time. First, you set the time, day, month, and year. Then, without realizing you are standing in the spot you set. There is a meter for how powerful it is and stuff. 

Also, robot wings. They are black wings with blue plastic windows inside with blue glowing, they are really tiny. It connects to your mind so you can control it. My dad had a vision in his sleep that he was at my Grandma’s house when I was grown up testing it with some family, although it was gray in his vision.

Last, a power machine. It gives you powers. It’s a gray block, also. For some reason all my inventions are blocks with buttons. You just choose a power, even if you make it up, like a color power. You push a red button and you have the power you chose.

I’m not sure I have anymore. Except I imagined an exploding machine. It’s pretty simple and boring. You just push a button and it explodes. It’s also gray.” 



His LEGO creation, and he lost his front tooth!

Award night at scouts!

Reading to Benson and Beckham. :)

A series of selfies:


















He is very particular. Don’t try to throw away anything on his dresser (or anything else in the entire house) or he will get REALLY upset. :l He likes things to stay just right, so he gets bothered when people touch or mess with his stuff. He folds all his own clothes and has them just the way he wants them in his dresser, which I appreciate! Lol. 

I also love to watch him interact with his friends and try new things, he grew a lot this year in so many ways, and we are so proud of him. He tried coach pitch for the first time, and had never played before but was on a team with kids who have been playing for years. He felt embarrassed at first, because he didn't know how to hit or catch or how to play the game, but he kept showing up and going to games and practicing, and by the end of the season he was amazing at hitting!! I was so impressed that he pushed past any embarrassment or uncertainty and kept playing the game, he was so proud of himself, and it was such a great lesson for him to see that when he practices and works at something he can improve and develop talents. 

As of his birthday he is almost finished with third grade, just a few lessons left! He is an amazing reader, does NOT like writing assignments (it's like torture for both of us, lol), and his handwriting and cursive is getting so neat. His typing is awesome, and he enjoys science and exercise. He is an excellent student, above his grade level!


He has also been telling everyone about his lightning power. He is NOT lying (says Bridger). He can create whatever he wants out of it. I love him. He loves babies and is SO good at entertaining them, it’s sweet. He does get distracted a lot, and I have to tell him to do things 25 times (or more) sometimes, but I think it’s because he’s so busy thinking about all the deep things...the universe, building ideas, inventions, spiritual things, “and Minecraft” (says Bridger). I’m laughing as I write this post because he keeps reading along and chiming in, then I type it and he gives me this embarrassed face and laughs. Did I say I love him? I do. Forever. I love our relationship and what it has grown into, so even though part of me is sad that my little baby is growing so fast, another part of me is so happy and grateful to experience this more mature relationship we are developing. He loves to chat at night before bed, and even when we are busy he makes sure he asks for that “chat time.” 


"Hey, look! I found a new species of bread tag!"




Showing off his skills!


I was busy and Roslyn was ready for a nap and fussing, so he took the iPad and played on the bed with her and turned on some smooth jazz, he did his typing and she fell asleep next to him. He is such a great helper and absolutely loves his baby sister.

He let Anderson wear his headphones and they both thought it was SO funny. Bridger is so good with little ones and loves Anderson so much!

1st place at the Pinewood Derby!

 
Receiving awards after winning!

He got into a fight with the vacuum hose and lost. LOLOL.




22 Questions with Bridger!
  1. What is your favorite toy? Froggy
  2. What is your favorite part about school? That I can earn PBS Kids games
  3. Who is your favorite scripture hero? Alma
  4. What is your favorite food? soy chicken tacos
  5. What is your favorite dessert? Crumble cookies
  6. What is your favorite vegetable? I hate vegetables. I don't know which ones my favorite. Asparagus! I like salads.
  7. What is your favorite fruit? Blueberries
  8. What do you want to be when you grow up? Electrical engineer 
  9. What is your favorite snack? chips and salsa
  10. What is your favorite book? Narnia and The Book of Why's
  11. What is your favorite thing to have for breakfast? Sausage and syrup
  12. What is your favorite holiday? Easter
  13. What does Mommy always say to you? You're cute.
  14. What does Daddy always say to you? Goodnight, I love you.
  15. What is your favorite TV show? Ellen's Game of Games
  16. Who is your best friend? Jackson (PE at UVU)
  17. What are you really good at? Video games
  18. If you could have a wish, what would it be? That I get the VTech watch 
  19. What is your favorite primary song? Gesthemane
  20. What vegetable do you hate the most? Sweet potato
  21. Best memory from this year? I won the Pinewood Derby
  22. Something you accomplished? I helped pull rose bushes and earned $24.00




Every time he sees Roslyn, lolol.

We love him so much. Happy Birthday to our first-born, sweet, handsome, kind, caring, thoughtful, deep, creative, silly, funny, intelligent, amazing, son! We love you forever!! 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.