Wednesday, March 18, 2020

Anderson is TWO!! :)


Our little Ander nugget is TWO!! We love him so much. He has such a chill and calm personality and vibe, which our family really needs. He has grown so much in the last year!! I’m crying because I remember just barely having given birth to him and holding him in my arms, so tiny. I love him so much. He’s my little buddy! When he was smaller, I’d have to buckle him into the high chair so I could keep an eye on him while I made dinner. He would just sit there so content and eat snacks while I made dinner, sometimes watching Curious George. I love his smile, and his huge eyes, and everything about him. He is absolutely tasty and so handsome. He has the cutest growl-cry when he’s frustrated, and he has been throwing tantrums that could win awards. He will fall on the floor and do what I call the "surfboard," where he lays on his belly with his arms stretched out above his head and cry. He loves to cuddle me, especially after nap time, he's always been that way...everyday when he gets up from his nap he would be a little ornery and need to just cuddle for 15-30 minutes and then when he's ready he hops down and runs to play. He will come up to me during the day for short cuddles, it's so sweet. He has also been SO BUSY and in to everything. He learned how to climb out of his crib a few months ago, and he learned how to open the door handles! He's been getting in the bathroom, climbing up the vanities, and turning on the sink to play in the water (just like Benson did!). So we had to put door handle locks on a lot of the door handles. He also gets into everything on Bridger's dresser, in the kitchen, the printer, the entertainment center, and pretty much everything, LOL. He is so curious, and learning like crazy, I love to watch him play. He is super smart and figures things out QUICK! He has been talking so well!! He copies a lot of what we say, sometimes in short sentences. He knows a lot of words now and has been putting 2-4 word sentences together on his own. He likes to color with colored pencils sometimes, he loves marble runs, trains, Hot Wheels cars and tracks, and bigger cars he can hold in his hands better to drive around. We read one or two books before nap and bed and he will sit so good to listen, his favorite books are Llama Llama books. He likes to watch Sesame Street and Curious George, but won't sit too long for a show. He is constantly trying to plug and unplug things, and watches to see what it does, he does this with charging cords, fans, lamps, nightlights, extension cords, the vacuum, everything. I have to watch him SO close. He finds the extension cord in Benson's room and he clicks the red on and off button over and over to watch the night light turn on and off. I am pretty sure he is going to be an electrical engineer when he grows up. He loves to play with Snap Circuits, too. One of the older boys will build him a circuit with a button or switch that powers a fan or a light and he will switch it on and off, just watching what happens, for a really long time! His attention span is amazing. He is very independent and is happy to play on his own, but also loves to join in with his older brothers. He LOVES to play outside, and he also has his own little spot in the pantry where he will stash toys, lol, our pantry has a shelf that is just right for his height and he will move our canned goods around and put toys and other things there, and then close the door. LOL.


I love him. I love his personality, I love his smile, I love his handsome self, I love the way he walks and runs, I love his huge hazel eyes, I love his nose and remember how well I could see the curve of it in an ultrasound when I was pregnant with him and his profile always reminds me of that. I love his sweetness, his growl, his baby giggle, his cuddles, his baby smell, his scowl, his eyebrow raise, and his noisy gulps when he drinks, LOL (he's always done that and it's adorable). I love to watch him learn (climbing, playing, and getting into pretty much everything). I love everything about him and we are all so grateful to have him in our family.

Some birthday party pictures!!

He went to the store with Daddy and chose out his own birthday cake decorations!! And I made him a delicious carrot cake. :)



















His nicknames: Nugget, Lil' Nugget, Ander-boy (Mommy), Chicken (Daddy), Baby or Ander (Bridger), Anderson (Beckham), Ander (Benson).

  • He goes to bed at 7 PM and sleeps through the night until about 6-7 AM, then he climbs out of his crib and is ready to get up! He naps everyday from about 12:30-2 or 3 PM. 
  • At his two year appointment he weighed 26 pounds, he was in the 85% for his height, and 25% for weight. Dr. Clayton wasn't concerned about his weight because he gained five pounds this year and has stayed in the same percentile really consistently. 
  • He loves yogurt! Greek lime and coconut vanilla are his favorite, he also likes granola on top! 
  • He loves music and will dance with us if we get a good beat going. 
  • He has been teething for like 8 months straight!
  • He has a signature brow raise, lol! He gives us this look where he'll raise just his right eyebrow and it's absolutely adorable. I will put a picture on this post. He also has the cutest scowl that he gives people who talk to him that he doesn't know. 
  • He loves brown rice and lentils, avocado, bread, beans, bananas, blueberries, strawberries, apples, sourdough bread, oatmeal, pancakes/waffles, eggs, grilled cheese, pizza, chicken, peanut butter and jelly/honey sandwiches, cheerios with cinnamon sugar and bananas, and cinnamon toast.
He got in the pantry and grabbed a couple of hot dog buns for his afternoon snack, LOL.





He loves this swing, he climbs in it all the time with his blanket and binky. :)

Playing with Roslyn. :)

Playing with his new toy!

He loves this blanket Grandma Brown made for him as a newborn, he drags it ALL over the house, ALL the time. lol. He gets really upset if I take it and put it in his bed, and he cries when I wash it. He will sit in front of the washer and watch it going around in there getting bubbly and cry, then he cries again when I put it in the dryer! It's adorable.


Daddy cuddles. :)

He has THE best bed hair. LOL. I love him so much.


More bed hair! :) He is absolutely adorable.

Some of his newer words!
  • Oh no INKY! (Oh no, binky!) He says that when his binky drops, or he throws it, out of his crib, lol. 
  • Two
  • Sisha (Sister)
  • Ankie (Blankie)
  • Vitamins (one of his favorite things, LOL)
  • Goggy (doggy)
  • All done (and he gives me his plate)
  • Mo, pease (more, please) He says it SO sweet. He also will say "Gank you, you're keckham" (Thank you, you're welcome) all at one time. LOL.
  • Ok (he says it so fast when I tell him to stop doing something, LOLOL. He doesn’t always stop after either, sometimes he keeps doing whatever he was doing after he says it.)
  • He's been saying "Mommy, ait! Mommy, ait!" (Mommy, wait!) when I leave the room for naps or bedtime. I always cuddle him for a few minutes before I leave so he doesn't cry, it helps a lot.
  • Cookies, he points to cookies he sees in books and says it, it's cute. :)
  • Wan some! (Want some)
  • Poop! (He calls both pee and poop, poop. He's learning to sit on the toilet, I think he will be ready to potty train in a month or two. :)

Mommy cuddles. :)
He loves to play in the bath, and he loves shape sorter toys. He sits so well for his haircuts (I cut all the boys' hair), and he loves to help me with laundry! I have to constantly be watching him because he will push the buttons on the washer and dryer and turn off loads and turn new loads on, lolol. Sometimes I will go to switch a load and it's still wet in the dryer, or he has started the washer with nothing in it! He also loves to climb up on the sink and plug it and play in the water. He is very, very busy! I already mentions that he loves his blanket Grandma Brown made for him, he tries to drag it all around the house everyday. He also likes to have two or three binkies in his hand at any given time, and he switches them out occasionally, lol. He loves to stay wrapped in his towel after his bath and he shuffles out of the bathroom, lol. He also likes to run around with his hooded towel on like a cape! lol.



Bridger helped Anderson put the headphones on and he loved it!! 

His signature brow raise, lolol. 








Beckham and Anderson made bread with me and then watched it bake! :)

So handsome. :)

Baby yoga!!


Sitting with Daddy while he does school. :)







Sharing his binky with Roz. :) He is so sweet to her.

Anderson and Benson cuddling before bed. :)


One of his many busy moments. He poured out this entire box of cereal at Grandma and Grandpa Brown's house. lol. 


Cutie pie.

Two babies. I feel like they both need me at the same time, all the time. Good thing my rocking chair is big enough for all three of us. :)

I found him like this one morning, he had pulled ALL the wipes out of the bag. All he said was, "cheese!" LOL.

I just have to say it again, I love him. I love everything about him, I can't even describe it. He is so strong and has handled becoming a big brother this last year so well. I knew he needed to come soon after Benson, and we are so grateful to have him! He is amazing, and adorable, so sweet and funny, he's super tough (you have to be when you are the fourth boy), and he has the absolute best scowl. I love how he walks and runs, he's so fast now! His baby laugh is delicious, and even though he's grown so much this last year he still has a tiny bit of baby chub that is absolutely adorable. He's yummy everywhere. He is such a blessing to our family, and we love him forever. Happy Birthday, baby boy!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.