Rozzie Girl is six months!! This little sugar drop is so smiley and sweet! She brings so much joy to our family. I love when I'm holding her and she is just so content to be in my arms while I am busy around the house, just watching and observing everything I'm doing and everything going on around her, and then sometimes she will look up at me, right into my eyes with her big blue eyes, and we will just make this direct eye contact and then she will smile huge. Then she goes back to watching and observing. It's like she looking into my soul and making this deep connection. She does that with all of us. She also likes to use my hair to steady herself while I'm holding her, LOL. She is SO close to sitting up on her own, I can sit down behind her and gently hold her legs steady and she can sit up and play, she loves it! We love her baby giggle. She has started falling asleep on my shoulder when it's close to her nap time, it's so sweet. We love her huge, beautiful, bright, blue eyes. We love her huge baby smile. We love how she can cheer everyone up. We love her. And we can't stop kissing her yummy little chubbies, she is delicious everywhere.
Nicknames we use most: Lil' Peach, Rozzlepop, Roz, Rozzie, Rozzie Girl, Pickle, Sugar Drop, and Rosie
At six months:
- At her six month appointment she weighed 16 lbs 15 oz, which is about the 70th percentile. Her height was 25.5 inches, about the 43rd percentile, and her head circumference was 16.75 inches, about the 54th percentile.
- She is still only nursing. She nurses about every 3-4 hours during the day and nurses about two times per night.
- She goes to bed around 7 PM and sleeps until about 2-4 in the morning, nurses and then sleeps until about 6:30-7 AM. She is ready for a long nap at 11 and sleeps until about 2-3 PM. So she's already down to one nap usually! I'm just following her lead and that is what works best for her, so I go with it. She still sleeps with me. :) To go to sleep I turn on smooth jazz and it always helps, LOL.
- She is wearing 4-6 month clothes, but they are getting snug!
- She LOVES playing with her little feet!!
- She has THE cutest little dimples in her cheeks when she smiles.
- She loves to take a shower with Jeremy or myself.
- She loves to jump when we stand her up on our laps!
- She is super attached to me, a momma's girl. If I leave the room she will get super upset (even if someone else is holding or playing with her) and as soon as I come back she smiles so big! lolol. I pick her up and she literally snuggles her cheek on my shoulder, and hugs me so tight! I love it so much.
- When she wakes up from her naps she is SO smiley! lol
- She is getting more hair, it's very light, we think she has my hair color. :)
- She does the funniest little squish/spit with her lips over and over again, I got a video of it and it is hilarious!
- She also loves to spit, and her little spits are so wet!! lolol.
- She can throw her toys super far! She starts waving her little rattles around and then lets go and they fly!
She met Grandpa Lee for the first time, it was very sweet. Roslyn is named after three women: Myself (Lyn), Grandma Brown (Teresa), and Rosemary Lee (Ros). So it was very special for Grandpa Lee to meet her. This was the most he had moved or interacted with anyone for a long time, his eyes immediately lit up when he saw her and my Mom whispered in his ear that she is named after Rosemary. He whispered "Rosemary" while he stared at her with this wonder, I almost cried. My mom took her on her lap next to his bed and he lifted his hand to hold hers and talked to her. It was really beautiful.
She has the cutest pouty lip when she sleeps.
She also sleeps all sprawled out and takes the entire bed, LOL.
One of the first times she sat up on her own!
While I carry her around she holds onto me like this with her tiny hand. It melts my heart.
This is right after she finished nursing and went to sleep, notice how her little feet are on my leg. Every time we nurse she tucks her tiny feet between my legs all cozy. I love it.
Huge cloth diaper!
Roslyn wearing my outfit!! :)













No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.