Monday, January 16, 2017

One last post from 2016!! :)

If you haven't heard yet, we got a puppy!!

This little baby's name is Captain. :)



He was born August 16th, we picked him up when he was two days shy of 8 weeks old! He is a Shichon (Shit-zu/Bichon) /Maltese mix. He doesn't shed and he will be around ten pounds when he is full grown, so just a little boy. :)

 I had been trying to convince Jeremy to let us get a dog, he was hesitant, to say the least, but my Mom showed me this listing on a St. George yard sale page for this cutie and his siblings, I asked Jeremy and he said "no," as he was cleaning the kitchen. I told him to come look at his picture and immediately when he sat down I knew he was going to say yes! Then I was like, "are you sure??" It seemed kind of hasty after saying no for so long, so we said a little prayer, and still felt good about it, and decided to buy him. He fit all of our "parameters," for a dog and we just felt like he was supposed to be ours. We kept him a surprise for our boys, it was so fun to see their reactions! My parents ended up getting his brother because they were both just so cute, they named their puppy Max and these two LOVE each other. My parents went to meet them and put a deposit down for us. Right after we put our deposit down, I started researching, I had no idea how to take care of a puppy. We started buying all the supplies and watching Cesar 911 on Netflix. LOL. We actually learned a LOT. Two weeks later we got to go down to Hurricane and pick him up, I could barely contain my excitement/nervousness...I had this image of how I thought puppies were and I had prepared myself with research and tons of puppy supplies. The boys sat in the grass and my Dad brought over a little box with both puppies inside. Benson was asleep in my arms, but Bridger and Beckham sat in the grass with their eyes closed, he set the box down and we told them to open it up. They opened it and both of them jumped back, Beckham was like, "I didn't know there was puppies!" And Bridger was like, "what the???" LOLOLOL. They were both a little unsure, but we handed one to both and told them to give them hugs and kisses, and from then on it was love. :)






These puppies kept getting Benson's toes and he thought it was SO funny.


Tiny baby!






They are so cute I can hardly handle it.





Benson LOVES Captain. He laughs when he nibbles on his fingers and toes, and when I have Captain in his pen Benson will crawl over and pull his socks over and push them through the slats so he can chew on them along with his little fingers and toes. Captain doesn't ever hurt him, he kinda just nibbles gently on him. It's adorable. My kids have pulled his hair, picked him up every way imaginable and generally are always running after him and he has always been so gently and nice with them. He is a really good boy.

We have definitely had our rough patches, but these puppies are so stinking smart and so eager to please that training really has been pretty good. We had some accidents in the house until we learned to keep him penned until we could pay more attention, but since they are so small it really wasn't a big deal. They could sleep through the night from the time we got them, so that was also really nice. They are now about 4.5 months old and I would consider them to be potty trained. Captain scratches at our back sliding door when he needs to go out and hasn't had an accident in so long I can't remember the last one! I'm very grateful. He, like all puppies, did nip a lot at first but with some training he doesn't do that anymore. He is still teething, so we have to be patient with him on that (he likes to play with the kids toys as much as his own!). And both Captain and Max are SO mischievous. Like, way. Lol. We have had to work with Beckham and Bridger on how to treat dogs, but they love him so much and are really good with him most of the time. We now have a routine with him and that has been very helpful, and him and Max are always happy to see each other when we visit down South or my parents come up here. They will wrestle and play ALL DAY. Seriously. It's so funny.

If this doesn't speak mischievous, I don't know what does.
This is a regular occurrence in our house the last four months. lolol.

We still have a lot of training to do, but I'm so grateful we were able to find him and Max, they have both been such a blessing to our families and they are such good boys! :)


No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.