Saturday, April 25, 2015

Moving. :)

Last summer we started thinking we would move sometime in the near future, we weren't sure when, but we started watching the housing market to get an idea of where things were at. I'm a researcher, you know. ;) Anyway, we watched it pretty regularly, but knew it wasn't time yet until January. In January while we were in California we had a strong feeling it was time to put our house up for sale. We interviewed a few agents while also doing some research on selling by owner. I was hesitant to put it up for sale, but we got our house ready and finally decided in early March it was time. We decided to sell by owner, so we listed it on a couple of sites and waited. Within four days we had a full price offer and were under contract. It was really stressful, and I knew I would miss our house. I love it. I was having a hard time and asked for a blessing, I was told to be patient with the Lord. Well, about a week later, they cancelled the deal, we were surprised, but in a weird way sort of relieved! We, so far, hadn't found ANYTHING we were interested in buying, so we had absolutely NO IDEA where we were going after we sold it. We took a few days to pray again, to know if this was the right thing, we once again felt like we should list it, so we did. We had a few showings a week for about three weeks, then the next week we had five showings and another offer came in. We are under contract again. A few weeks before we had looked at a listing online of a house, but didn't look at it again. Then, while we were in Hurricane for Easter the price dropped $30,000 and we immediately contacted our realtor to schedule a showing for the next day. We went and saw it and put a bid in, which was a whole stressful ordeal in itself! I couldn't decide if it was the right house, we had only looked at five others a month ago, but after praying we decided to give a low offer and if they took it we figured it was meant to be. With a HUD home, after the initial bidding period has ended they take the first best offer, and all offers to be considered that day have to be in before a certain time CENTRAL time. While we were looking at the house that day another realtor had showed up, so we figured someone else would be putting a bid in that evening. Well, we put our low offer in...and they accepted it. And guess what? We got our offer in only 4.5 minutes before the deadline, and another offer came in 45 minutes TOO LATE. When our realtor let us know the next morning we could hardly believe it. It was crazy. It was a miracle, I have no doubt.

It's amazing to me how when we leave things in Heavenly Father's hands He can make them work. Beginning this process and having the courage to list our lovely first home was so hard. I cried all the time at the beginning. I felt like maybe we were crazy or something. People kept asking us "you are moving? Where are you going?" Then we're all like, "we don't know yet," as we smile and they give us strange looks. Doing His will is the only thing that matters, if it's time to move, it's time to move, no matter if we don't have anywhere else to go.

Like I said, though, after two months and under contract for the second time we put a bid on a home. We are now a week and a half from closing on the sale of our home, we are packing like crazy. Hopefully we can close on our new home in three weeks or less. This has been a very crazy, stressful time, and a very huge leap of faith.

 This picture was before the grass started turning green and our flowers bloomed, so maybe I will add another one. :) Gotta remember the flowerbed I put so much time into. :,)













Bridger's room. :)

 Nursery. :)



 Master bedroom. :) I'm gonna miss that vaulted ceiling and the big window in our room. In the morning I watch the most gorgeous sunrises, we have an amazing view of the mountains and Utah Lake, it's really beautiful. Our room gets really warm from the sunshine and I love it.


Master bathroom. :)

 Cute, little backyard. :)



I love all the little details in this house, from the door frames and amazing baseboards, to the carpet, kitchen, fixtures...and basically everything...ha! I love the cozy factor, too. It's a really intimate, cozy home. Can you tell I love it yet? *wait a sec while I dry my eyes* The day we have to hand over the keys I'm not sure what I will do yet. Cry, be silent in shock...laugh maniacally? I'll let you know. May 6th, 2015. 

And a little preview of the house we are buying...it needs a little work, it's a HUD home (basically a foreclosure), but you would never be able to tell because it's in such good condition. It is almost 6,000 square feet and sits on .37 of an acre, so it has more land! :,) Growing up in Hurricane on 3/4's of an acre really spoiled me I guess and that's the biggest thing I've missed since living here...space. We have a list of things we need to get done on it, then I'll post some before and after pictures. I'm really grateful, though, and I hope we will like the neighborhood and the area. It's a little further drive than where we live right now, but we are hoping we like it. :) Going from having no plans after selling our home, to finally having a place to hopefully call home has really helped me. At first, I wasn't so sure about this house (which is why we offered so low), but we both feel that Heavenly Father helped this all fall into place and that this is where we need to be. Hopefully it all falls into place. :)


No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.