About three weeks ago my parents, Brianna, our little family stayed up near Park City for a week. It was right smack in the middle of our house being put together, we had planned this trip a few months ago and it just happened to be planned right after our little flood. It was so so nice to be with family for awhile, it made things seem more normal. We still had to come down to our house to take care of a few things and buy a dishwasher, and my mom got sick for the last half...but it was still fun! I think we need another one, though. ha ha. :)
Oh yeah, and the weekend before our vacation, my phone died. I was frustrated to say the least. I ended up convincing Sprint to bump my upgrade up a few months early (yes, they made me pay for it) and I got a new phone, but I had to worry about finding a phone, getting it shipped and getting it activated...on vacation. So basically, it was vacation but sort of not. ha ha. :) Either way, we had a blast and so did Bridger.
The next week we stayed at another hotel in Sandy...it seemed like it lasted for forever! I knew we could go home the next Friday, so Wednesday...and Thursday...seemed to last an eternity. Oh, and Bridger was teething so bad I thought he was sick. Not fun! Poor little guy. It helped that Amanda and Capri came to visit again, we had breakfast and went swimming, it was so nice to have friends to hang out with!
Then Friday came, one day short of a month later we moved back into our house!! A whole month. It was crazy and I was SO happy to be home. Everything was a disaster...the guys who packed everything up kind of just tossed random things in random boxes, our basement is just a bunch of stuff stacked in layers clear to the back and our garage was full of cabinets, food storage, kitchen stuff, and more boxes. It was so overwhelming. What is frustrating is that all of that was very neatly organized before all of this happened. :p I knew exactly where everything was in the whole house. Not anymore! ha ha. I got the kitchen put back together within a day and a half, the living room was next...and within the same week I got our upstairs basically cleaned. So all that's left is the basement and garage.
It's like spring cleaning times 20! Seriously.
I had to wash down every wall and baseboard to get the new drywall and carpet dust off, I washed all the curtains and picture frames and dusted and polished every wood piece of furniture, and washed all the bedding and towels since they smelled weird after a month...then deep cleaned the bathrooms.
But it still feels like there's just so much to do. :(
I can't really do the basement on my own, I've got to have someone to move things around for me, so someday when Jeremy is not busy (hopefully before our baby comes) he can help me get it together. One day at a time...
I will get some pictures of how it looks in a day or two and put them up.
Then, when we had only been in our house for a week, we packed up and headed down to Hurricane for Easter! And I'm so glad we did. We had a blast! Bridger was outside almost the whole time, he loved playing with his cousins, loved the Easter egg hunts, and loved Grandma and Grandpa's swing set. We celebrated my birthday, too, and I got TWO cakes. Oh yeah, baby. Angel food cake and strawberries the first night, and my mom's amazing chocolate cake with fudge frosting the second night. mmmm. I got so spoiled with presents and being with my family, I loved it.
Decorating eggs. :)
This pictures speaks for itself. ha ha.
Jeremy's egg. As usual. ;)
Easter morning. :) Bridger wanted to be playing if you couldn't tell by the look on his face...
His basket! Yes. It's pink. It's mine from when I was growing up. His cute little brown one I made him last year got ruined in our flood. :l Next year I will make him a new one. :)
He loves Cadbury creme eggs. :)
I just loved his face in this one.
And this picture makes me laugh. These two are so funny together. :)
He loves his new spiderman chair!
Hangin' with the big kids.
Easter at Grandpa Jarvis' house! He loves this wagon.
Those are glasses from his first birthday party that he found. I want to kiss his face.
Over the weekend my mom helped me tie and bind Bridger's quilt, so it's finally finished!! :) We bought him a twin bed, so as soon as we get the mattress we will be moving him from his crib to his new bedroom, I wanted his quilt to be finished for him, I'm so glad we were able to finish! :) We love how it turned out. It was a lot of work, but it was worth it.
That's all for this post. It's already huge, ha ha. I'll post pics of the house and a 31 week post sometime soon, hopefully this week! :)


First off-you.are.amazing! Seriously-super woman!!! It made me tired for you just reading all that you have to do... I pity myself when I dont clean for a few days or do laundry for one week, let alone after a flood! Whew! Do you guys need anything? Any help?! Your little guy is so stinking cute, which I'm sure you know, but I'll say it anyways! ;-) I love his facial expressions, soooo funny! He looks like a sweetheart! Glad you guys had such a great Easter! Good luck getting settled in!
ReplyDeleteLooks like you had a fun Easter! I love the picture of Bridger with the glasses on...too cute! I still think we should have an Easter Egg Hunt with Bridge and Capri. They would have a blast! Ha. :) SOOOO glad you guys are back in your house!
ReplyDelete