This pregnancy has been pretty different than my pregnancy with Bridger, which sort of surprised me. I knew every pregnancy is usually a little different, but this one has been SO different! With Bridger I gained a total of 28 lbs from start to finish and my belly measurement went almost exactly with the number of weeks I was, like 19 inches at 19 weeks etc...I have already gained around 24 pounds and I am only 32 weeks with this one, ha ha, but my belly measurement is about three inches small at every appointment. There are a few other things, and I am keeping a belly journal for this one so I can compare, it's been fun. :) Jeremy sings Old MacDonald to this baby too, and he gets some kicks for it, just like he did with Bridger, it's cute. And anytime I cuddle up next to Jeremy in bed, our baby starts kicking him in the back. The little one has been quite the kicker/puncher/mover, and I try to get Bridger to sit still long enough to feel the movements but he won't sit there that long. He just starts saying "pat, pat, pat!" while he pats my belly, then he takes off. ha ha. I hope he does okay adjusting to having a baby in the house.
It's getting to the point now that putting on socks and shoes that tie, really takes some effort! I prefer flats right now, ha ha. Jeremy laughs at me when I clean because it is not physically possible to breathe while bending over when your baby is this big, so I'm like gasping as I pick up Bridger's toys everywhere, that in itself is a workout. I actually do count a day of cleaning as my workout most of the time now. :) I am also constantly bumping my belly into chairs and furniture on accident because it just pokes out, and when I cook I usually have food on my shirts along with a big water mark from the sink. It's pretty attractive.
One thing that has been the SAME is that I started getting restless legs at the exact same time I did with Bridger, it's no fun. BUT, I have a routine that works pretty well now. I drink Calcium orange juice, and a magnesium/calcium supplement drink an hour before bed, use doTERRA lavender oil on my legs right before I go to sleep and I also take two chewable calcium supplements before I turn the lights off and will eat a yogurt and a banana. If I'm feeling really restless I take a bath after my orange juice. Yeah. How's that for a routine??? geez. It like fills up my night, but it works! I don't know which thing is working the most, but I don't really care as long as I can sleep and not feel that feeling. ha ha. I'm so grateful I've been able to find things that work!
This little baby is really leading us on a guessing game as to if we are having a he or a she! The first like five appointments his/her heartbeat was really fast, 154-162 bpm, but at the last two appointments it has been slower...around 140 bpm. Bridger's was in the 160's my entire pregnancy and everyone thought he was a girl because of that wives tale, but nope. :) He tricked us. So now I'm like over-guessing and it goes something like this... "if Bridger's was fast and he was a boy...and this one is slower, maybe it's a girl. But maybe it's slow and it's a boy because that's what everyone says when it's slower...but wait, this one is measuring smaller by a little bit and I'm carrying different..." and it goes on and on, ha ha. Honestly, I have no idea, I think it's a girl and then I just don't know. Everyone in my family and our midwife thinks it's a girl except my dad and he calls our baby a he already, ha ha. We'll see. :) We call our baby Flick, or little bug (I have no idea where those names came from, we used them for Bridger too). And whether it's a boy or a girl we will be SO happy. :) We have a girl name, I think, we've had it since we first got pregnant and it just stuck, but no boy's names. :l I have one and Jeremy has one and we don't like each others, ha ha. It's sort of stressing me out because there are only like 8 weeks left and we don't have a name for a boy! What if it's a boy?? I don't know. We don't share the names we choose before we name our baby, btw, we just like it that way. I write possible names in their baby book so they can see what we considered, but otherwise we share it when our baby is named. :) Hopefully we can decide on one in the next few weeks...
Just some random pictures from the last few days. :)
This boy loves the camera. My phone has an option that shows you in the screen when you take the picture and he thinks it's hilarious.
Going for a walk today! It was so nice!
Love my boy and his yummy cheeks. :)
He makes the silliest faces, ha ha.





Cute! Pregnancy sounds like fun! ;) I think Flick is the name of the ant on the movie Antz! So I guess it works if you call her/him little bug too, haha. Cute nicknames, ill have to blog and journal about my pregnancies too.. Whenever that may be, who knows! :) Anyway, your house is adorable, as are you and your baby in your belly and silly little Bridger! I can't wait to see you guys again. I'm going out there 7/2-7/9 so hopefully ill get a chance to see you guys! Miss and love you guys!
ReplyDeleteI want my next one to be a surprise! *Yes, you totally play a part in that, when you told me that story of when your little man was born & your husband got to announce it was a boy. :D Made me tear up! :) Either way, He/She will be adorable! I swore up and down that Autumn was a boy, wanted to buy boy stuff, nope all girl! Haha. Tricky Tricky babies! So if you're measuring small, do you think you will go past due? When did you have Bridger? BTW boys names are so much harder, at least I think so! ;)
ReplyDelete