Our house finally dried. Yes, it's true. Well, the basement might be a little wet still, I'm not sure. Let's just pretend it's dry.
Our entire hvac system got pulled out and replaced yesterday, one more step closer to being able to go home...
And I heard this morning that our house just might be finished in two weeks. :) yes!
So, in my last post I mentioned I was nervous about the insurance guy coming to look at our house. Basically, they come in and say what they think got ruined enough to replace and I had heard some not-so-positive stories about these guys. I was so scared! I prayed. a lot. And guess what? The guy that showed up was seriously THE nicest guy ever! Holy cow. He even gave us extra allowance on carpet to make up for the entry way and went above and beyond his job and looked into our policy for us on a misunderstanding...then called me back two more times (that is definitely not in their job description). Oh my gosh. I am so grateful. He is awesome. Tim said he is the best insurance guy he has ever worked with...so, that's saying something. :) I know it was Heavenly Father helping us out. We are still waiting on the samples they took of our flooring to see how much they will cover...
For the next week we are staying in an extended stay hotel in Sandy that our insurance set us up in...I'm kicking myself for not having them do this for us last week! We really appreciated our family members opening their homes to us, but it was hard to keep packing and unpacking everything with how much stuff we have. The hotel they booked for us is like way over what I would have chosen. It has a full kitchen and two bedrooms, so I can cook and Bridger can still take his naps, and there's complementary breakfast! whoo! ha ha. The only reason I hesitated having them book it is because I thought they might book a crappy place with like...bugs or something...when we saw the place we would be staying we were so surprised. And so grateful. I hope we can like it here for the next little while. :)
You know that feeling when there are so many decisions...you can't make any? ha ha. An indecisive person's nightmare. geez. The insurance will only cover "line of sight" replacements...so our living room carpet had to be taken out which meant they would cover the stairs and the upstairs hallway, but not the bedrooms upstairs. So, unless we want to pay out of pocket, the carpet will most likely be different. I'm still not sure what to do about that. I know it would bug me, but I can't decide if it's worth the money and effort. We'll see.
All these decisions are hard! geez. This carpet thing is way too stressful. I just don't know if it's worth it or not. :s We are meeting our contractor at Lowe's tonight to buy all the tile, and we chose a granite counter top...I hope it looks ok. It is SO hard to visualize how it will look when it's all done!
I need a professional decision maker that knows exactly what I want. Any volunteers??? :)
Tuesday, March 5, 2013
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.