Sunday, December 2, 2012

22 Months. :)

Long, but much needed update post on my little munchkin...with a bunch of random pictures. :)

His new fireman's hat from Governor's Day. :)

Playing video games with his daddy's phone. He's a pro.

Bridger will be 23 months in only a few days! 

Words he can say...where'd it go?, where is it?, I don't know, all done, oh no, thank you, mom, dad, Kaylee, grandma, more, car, ball, no, fish, eiei o, three, go, teeth, nose, ear, toes, eye, hot, uh-oh, let's go!, poo (we've been potty training), cow, night night, wow/whoa, bubble, beep beep, uh-huh, bum, quack quack, coat, door, shoe... There are more words, but I can't think of them at the moment...

My little artists. :) 

I found him sitting in his tiny little toy box, when he saw me get the camera he started getting out.


He can point to all the parts of his face, he shows me his fingers, his hair, his tummy, and his toes. It's so cute. 

He goes to sleep at between 8 & 8:30 and sleeps until about 7:45-8:30. He also takes one 2.5-3 hour nap everyday. :)


He is daytime potty trained, he has been accident free at home for about two months. I haven't tried letting him wear underwear when we go to the store or go shopping, or when he goes to sleep, yet. I actually planned on doing that when he turned 2, so, in a few weeks we will start that and see how it goes. :) It really only took him about three days to catch on to going pee in the potty, but I introduced the potty at about 15 months and since then he has gone occasionally in it, which I think helps. Plus, since he was born I've let him have naked time, another big factor. He probably could have potty trained sooner, but I had to work up the motivation first. :) Personally, I think most kids are ready way before most people think. I even think Bridger was ready before we really started, people are always surprised that he's doing so good and tell me that boys usually take longer than girls...but that doesn't make sense to me. Bridger has realized he's peeing since he was about 13 months. So, I don't know.


This kid has THE craziest bed hair of anyone I know...even mine! ha ha. This one was classic, so I took a picture. Isn't that awesome??? I love him. He looks zoned out because he is...he was watching Curious George and eating gold fish after naptime. :)


He loves to color in the shower, and occasionally he'll let me read him a book. Mostly he just flips through a big chunk of pages, then closes the book so he can say "all done!" ha ha.

This sucker took him like an hour to eat, it was hilarious. 

His favorite snacks are goldfish, slices of cheese, fruit, fruit snacks, and chocolate milk (carnation in almond milk) and Life cereal. For real food...he is SO PICKY! My heavens. This boy keeps me surprised. Pretty much the only sure things he'll eat are pizza and mac & cheese. Healthy, right? not. Besides those, I really don't know if he'll eat what I make for dinner every night, sometimes he surprises us and takes a few bites, other times he shoves it away and I freak out thinking he's going to starve. It's quite stressful. :p I am just grateful he's still nursing, it helps me feel a little better knowing that even if he didn't eat that healthy one day, at least he's still getting nutrients from his breast milk. We are going to nurse until he's two, so, only another month. :) He loves his milk. 

His favorite things...he loves going to Grandma and Grandpa's house, he loves Curious George, he loves going outside and playing with his best friend Capri (our next door neighbor who is only a few months younger, they play so well together, it's crazy!), he loves CARS...cars...and more cars! He always has a car in hand, whether it's a puzzle piece, his ride-on car, his dump trucks, or his hot wheels.  He loves going to nursery, and he loves bubbles. :) Oh, and he loves to go to the park and on walks and play basketball with daddy. Oh, and he loves to talk on the phone and play "go, go, go!" with daddy (they push his car & ball popper around together), and play with play dough.

Bridger and Capri playing outside. :)

He's already had two haircuts and I'm thinking another one will be coming soon. :( His cute little baby hair...

He loves to give kisses. :) 

Ok, one last thing, I really need to get this recorded but when I say "let's go outside!" Bridger runs and grabs his red ride-on car and pushes it out the door, down our front steps and then runs over to Capri's house. THEN, he hauls his car up their steps and then looks in their front window (it's a long skinny window the length of their front door) and starts yelling for Capri while pressing his face against the glass and looking for her in their house. I can't help but laugh, ha ha, it's so funny, but I feel bad because she can see him in the window and freaks out cause she wants to play so...if they don't want to come outside it makes it hard. It's almost like he can't play outside without her anymore. We joke that they are going to get married, they are just so cute together. Seriously, I have never seen two tiny kids play like this together. They are good for each other. :)

The lighting in our kitchen is awful, but here is Bridge playin' with his play dough.

I can't believe my baby is almost 2! I'm already planning his birthday party, but it feels like I just finished his 1 year party! He is so fun, we love him so much. He keeps us SO busy, but I love it. :)

Jeremy marching at Governor's Day, seeing all the soldiers marching, the flags, and hearing the canon made me cry...it's not everyday you see that many soldiers marching together, it was amazing! I get to see my soldier everyday in his uniform, that's what he goes to work in, but seeing him marching with hundreds of other men just really hit home with me, made me think, you know?


Me and my sexy husband. :)

Love him. :)

Just to throw this in...we found him like this on the couch with a mouthful of candy, a pile beside him, and a full bag in his lap watching Curious George like he thought that was ok...baha. He just made sure to be super quiet. I'm pretty sure he had a few mouthfuls before we found him. Little stinker. 

3 comments:

  1. Don't worry about eating habits. My dad says that kids under two need a lot of fat in their diet for brain development because your brain is made out of fats. It made me feel better about trey's diet haha

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.