Garbage day always gets us. Ok, not always, but today it did.
This morning. 7:25 AM.
I'm sleeping. Jeremy's sleeping.
7:26 AM.
Jeremy sits up all of a sudden. "Is the garbage truck on our street??!!"
Me still half asleep. "Maybe. Don't worry about it." But I could hear it really close outside our window.
Jeremy. "Nooooooo! It's FULL!!!" (he was being slightly OCD, I think). At this point he flew out of bed and charged downstairs, attempting to get the can to the curb before the truck passed our house. Might I add he was wearing some awesome pj's and was barefoot. baha.
I just laid there, wide awake at this point. Laughing my head off in bed as I listened to him basically jump the whole staircase and bang through the back door like it was life or death. I heard the trash can flying down our sidewalk and then it stopped. So I figured he'd made it. But no.
Because guess what. He hid behind the side of the house.
He saw our neighbor outside doing the same thing, the truck had already passed both our houses, but she was crossing the road to put it on the other side and Jeremy didn't want to be seen. He finally just grabbed the can and started pulling it across the wet grass, closer to the curb. And then they both just stood there and stared at the truck, like it was all over, watching him pick up the next neighbors trash.
baha. I'm still laughing out loud over this.
So, the garbage man sees Jeremy (probably looking quite pitiful and distressed over missing trash day) and reverses and ends up getting Amanda's trash too. Then he kept going down the street. So, thank you, Garbage man, for saving the day.
Jeremy is quite serious about his husbandly duties, if you couldn't tell. When he came back upstairs, I couldn't stop laughing at him. He's too awesome.
Can you imagine this in your head? What in the world do our neighbors think now? What would you think if you saw Jeremy come flying out of his house in bright blue, button up, plaid pajamas and bare feet, grabbing the trash can and running through the soggy grass with it like it was the end of the world?
I don't know what I'd think. But I told Jeremy I'd remember this until we were 85 or 100.
I love him forever. :)
(I bet you are all jealous that you aren't our neighbors, huh?) ;) jk.
Thursday, August 23, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I'm fairly certain that we've all experienced this at one point in our adult lives. lol Then you get to a point where you realize it doesn't matter anymore. If you're like us, and forget, you just deal with the trash can overflowing, lid flopped over, bag upon bag stacked on top. ;)
ReplyDeleteAnd to really visualize this, I need to know, were these the pj's that I bought him? haha
Hahahaha....love it!
ReplyDeletethat's hilarious!
ReplyDeleteI totally pictured it ALL in my head. ;)
i am dying over this story!!!! bahahahaa!!! okay, i'll come be your neighbor! ha:)
ReplyDelete