Cute, huh? :)
Saturday, June 9, 2012
The Switch...
So, some people might think I am some sort of like...extremist or something...but we have made a couple of big "switches" in the past couple of weeks. One of them is that we switched from disposable to cloth diapers. :) Yes. You read that correctly. No. We are not crazy. ha ha. I have been researching cloth diapers for, literally, months. I have wanted to do cloth diapers since Bridger was only a few months old! I researched so well that I did not even feel like I needed to do a "trial" (some sites let you try certain brands for like thirty days) I did a trial anyway, and guess what. I loved the ones I wanted from my research. wabam. That is what I call good research. ;) I am sort of a researchaholic. I researched both of our carseats (we have an infant carseat and now a convertible) for months, read hundreds of reviews and compared every carseat out there. Basically, I like to become an expert on the subject before I buy anything...so far I have been very happy with what we have decided on, so it's worth it. Anyway, cloth diapers are SO different from what most people think...I can't really go in to every little thing that is different and makes them so A.W.E.S.O.M.E. cause there are like a million things. Basically, we will save a ton of money, they are super cute, healthier for babies, better for potty training, reusable, easy, and look way comfier than disposables. If any of you mom's want some info, email me and I can hook you up with some awesome sites that can tell you all about them. :) Or I can just tell you. Either way. We decided on BumGenius Freetimes with snaps, not velcro. You can use this diaper from newborn to potty training, you just change the size with these little snaps. What about poop you might be wondering??? Well, they actually have sprayers (like on your sink) that hook on to your toilet...so no more dunking. :) Just take the diaper off, spray if needed, throw in the diaper pail...a day or two later, toss it all in the wash and line dry. That's it. Easy for dad's and babysitters. I went to this calculator online to see when we would break even with our initial cost to start (which seems a little pricey at first) starting with 18 diapers it said we would break even in only six months (that's including utilities)! And that we would save over two thousand in the long run. Sheesh. And imagine how much you would save after like three kids in these? They have a ton of cute colors, we are going gender neutral with all of them. Ok, enough about diapers. Just know that I love them. And so does Bridger. And surprisingly, Jeremy does too. :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

I thought about making the switch to cloth a few months ago, but the beginning price scares me away! lol. Do you notice the diapers being more bulky than a disposable?
ReplyDeleteI know! It scared us away at first too...then I kept spending a ton of money on diapers to throw away and we started saving, we finally have enough haha. They are a little bulkier than disposables, but all his clothes still fit and I actually don't mind the diaper butt. :) they are cute.
ReplyDeleteHey KayLee, I just read your blog about the cloth diapers and when are able to have kids I have been thinking about getting cloth diapers. Can you email me some info:) Also what do you do w/ a poopy diaper at church or when you travel?
ReplyDeleteI still think you are crazy, but maybe when I have kids I'll feel the same way.
ReplyDeleteI'm interested in learning more, I've been thinking about switching. But as said above, that initial price is a whopper! please rain your knowledge upon me and I'll soak it up like a sponge......or maybe I'll say Diaper :) ha ha
ReplyDeletetmb4313@hotmail.com