Random pic from V-day. :)
Besides that, Bridger has been learning so much, he was really ornery for a couple weeks but I remember reading/hearing that when they are working on things developmentally sometimes they get ornery or don't sleep well and things like that...I think it's true. This week he has finally been his happy little self and it seems like all of a sudden a bunch of things we've been working on finally clicked and he knows them. We have been teaching him to fold his arms for awhile now, but every time I would try to get him to do it he would scream and run away...this week I said "let's say prayer" and he folded them!!! I almost shouted Hallelujah!!! Now every time we say prayer he folds them in his own little way and smiles after like five seconds, like he's just such a big boy. He was watching the whole time. :) I hope he keeps doing it. It's so cute ha ha. Every time he sees a dog he "ruffs" (more like, grunts?), and whenever daddy comes home and he hears the garage door opening I say "who is it?!" and he says da! dada! daddy! dada! and looks at the door, waiting for him to open it. :)
This is the Bridger style of folding arms, except his elbows are higher and his little hands are up by his chin ha ha (he caught me & started putting his arms down). So cute. You get the picture, right? :)
Anyway, this is kinda random, but Jeremy and I are taking a classical music class together and three of the assignments require us to go to a concert of some sort...so for the last one, we decided to go to an opera. We bought tickets and went to the Capitol Theatre in SLC, it was SO much fun!! It's basically like a play except they sing everything...in Italian. ha ha. Good thing for us they had these things they call "supertitles" where they project what they are singing in English so you can read along and know what's going on...we loved it. :) It was so nice to be able to get dressed up and go on a date together, Jarom and Marisa watched Bridger for us and they said he did awesome, so I was really relieved! We left the opera a little early so we could get some dessert before we picked Bridger up, we were just going to stop at McDonald's for a dollar cone, but we got lost and all of a sudden I saw this lovely place called "Leatherby's..." I LOVE THAT PLACE. I have wanted to take Jeremy there for like. ever. seriously. I was always telling him about it. So when it popped out of nowhere I wildly shouted out, with my face practically smashed against the window "Oh my gosh!!!! Turn right!!!!!" It was crazy. So Jeremy skidded in to the parking lot (jk.) I thought we were going to pass it and almost died. We shared a gigantic, delicious, huge, awesome, beautiful dish of vanilla ice cream with homemade chocolate and caramel sauce...*mouth watering right now*. We ate it way fast because it was so delicious (and we needed to pick up our baby so Jarom & Marisa could get some sleep...) and took off to pick Bridger up. I just have to say it again, we had SO much fun and I really am so thankful that we have awesome family members like them to watch Bridger, it really helps me to not be so anxious and nervous and scared...and freaking out...oh, and add obsessive in there ha ha. He absolutely loved it over there, and I am sure he would love to play with them again. They are going to make amazing parents one of these days... :)
btw. There's like four weeks til school ends. AH! :)


Is it really only 4 weeks til school ends?? So, one of my ideas for you would be routine... I think it works, at least for some kids. Or you could start "making things up" like a hidden treasure in your back yard, or I don't know, I've heard "Imaginary" play is really good for kids. :) And since the weather is better going outside a WHOLE LOT might be your best bet... Autumn does the same thing, gets so board!! So we go outside more, read more books, got finger paint/and water paints that she can have in her high chair, she helps me with chores... like moving clothes into the dryer, sweeping, or I put dishes on her tray with a sponge (she loves that!) oh, or just a random bubble bath? I'm so not good at being a mom to a busy toddler, I think it has actually made me feel pretty crummy about my mom skills! But I hope something works for you! P.S. I feel like my comment was a tad random! Sorry!
ReplyDelete