It seems like everything happened all at once! It's only been a month and I have missed Christmas, New Years, Bridgers birthday, and one of my best friends being endowed along with a ton of other things. I guess I will start with Christmas...our little family traveled down to Hurricane (where else??) for Christmas, we stayed for ten days straight and it was sooo nice. I was so excited for Bridger to open his presents and have lots of new toys! I was also excited to see the look on Jeremy's face when he opened his xbox 360-let me just say, it was priceless. :) Bridger didn't really think the idea of tearing colored paper off stuff was that great until toward the end of his presents, most of the time he would tear off just enough to see what it was, then he would stick his little hand inside and start playing with it, it was cute ha ha. We played tons of games and watched movies and I also had to get ready for Bridger's party. New Year's was fun, we played games and had some d.e.l.i.c.i.o.u.s. food, then at 12 we set off some fire works and then went straight to bed...we are a bunch of old farts these days. seriously. And just to add this in, I don't have any New Years resolutions, ha ha, I figure, if I don't have any then I won't end up at the end of the year with a list of things I didn't do...I decided that I would rather do the things I want or need to do and at the end of the year I will look back and list all of the things I did do, so I can start the new year feeling better about myself. :)
Anyway, I debated telling this story but figured that I just as well so that we know why in twenty years our son is terrified of cake. Let me begin...Wednesday January 4th was Bridger's real birthday, we didn't do anything crazy because honestly, I don't think he really cared that he was turning one, but that night I wanted to experiment with making a smaller cake in a ball shape so I threw a "practice" cake together and frosted it with chocolate frosting. After dinner I got the camera and Jeremy lit the little candle and I started recording...we started singing happy birthday and Bridger was just staring at the candle, I told Jeremy, "make sure he doesn't touch the candle..." and right as he set the cake down on his high chair tray guess where the first place his hand went to was. Yes. The candle. It was so fast. And he burnt his little fingers a little. We felt like the worst parents ever, really ha ha. He was screaming and wouldn't touch the cake at all. Even after I was holding him and he had calmed down, and even after I showed him that it was okay ate some so he could see, he wanted nothing to do with it and pushed it away; he freaked out if any got on him, or his hands. At that point I was like, "OH NOOO!!" That wasn't even his real party! His real party was still in two days and he was afraid of cake! I finished up the details of his party over the next two days, including his QUILT! Yes, I put together my very own, very first, pieced quilt!! It turned out adorable, I just have to finish the binding and tying. I made it using the same fabric that was in his 1-12 month pictures as a keepsake of his first year, it's twin size and it's a baseball quilt so he can use it when he sleeps in a bigger bed and has a big boy room. I hope he loves it. :) I made almost all of the party decorations out of scrapbook paper and a lot of sewing, it was fun, I also made his his own little birthday outfit, with red, white and gray argyle leg warmers and a onesie with a baseball tie that I had sewn on to it (so. adorable.). We had a great turnout at his party and he got so. many. presents, it was awesome. We made him his own miniature cake that was in the shape of a ball, Jeremy designed it to look like a baseball, but guess what, we sang happy birthday and we set the cake down (without a flame on the candle) and...he started crying. :( My baby wouldn't touch his birthday cake. Even when I held him ha ha. I was a little sad, but it's not a big deal, as long as my baby is happy. Overall, I was very happy with how his party turned out and I had so much fun planning it! I loved it.
One last thing, I got to go to one of my very best friends endowments yesterday and I absolutely loved it. Jeremy and I used to go to the temple once a week before Bridger was born, after he was born, we could never go anymore (I am too paranoid of a mom to leave him with anyone besides my parents...I blame this on my study of psychology. :p). I am hoping to find a couple that we are really good friends with who would be willing to watch Bridger for us once a week so we can go, then we can watch their kid/s once a week so they can go so we don't have to worry about finding a babysitter and all that fun stuff. The temple is so vital, and I have missed it. Emily (my friend) also had a bachelorette party last night that was a blast, I met a lot of cool girls there and it was nice to have some girl time...it was a little weird though, because I was the only one with a baby (who was at home asleep of course)...anyway, I am one of her bridesmaids so I will be coming down again next weekend for her wedding! I'm so happy for her, her and Ben are such a funny/cute couple (I actually set them up...ha ha). Fun stuff. I love those two. :)
p.s.-Jeremy got accepted to USU and was able to register for a full schedule like three days after school started. Thank you USU, for being awesome. :) We were so happy!
p.s.s.-One thing that I forgot to plan on for his party was a charged camera battery!! (I am still kicking myself...) So, I need to get all of the pictures from my sister, then I will post them. :)
Sunday, January 15, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I read this ENTIRE post, thinking there was going to be photos. what the heck Kaylee??? YOU...YOU didn't take photos of his 1st birthday!? Shocker! ha ha. Don't worry, Corbin only played around with his cake, and only took one bite. ha ha
ReplyDeleteDont' worry, I DID get pictures, but they are still on their way here lol! It was a trick to get someone to read my post. ;) jk, soon though. Promise.
ReplyDelete