I'm just having a small meltdown because Bridger turned nine weeks old today and is much much bigger than he was in this picture...he's so cute and tiny. :)
Don't get me wrong he's still cute and tiny...but I can only imagine how I will react when my baby is leaving on his mission...!
Bridger had his two month appointment yesterday and he was so brave! (more brave than me). He had to get THREE shots and an oral vaccine. I had been dreading that appointment for like three weeks, literally. All day long my heart was beating double time and I kept telling him "we have to go to the doctor today and you are going to get some shots, it's going to hurt a little bit, but mommy is going to hold you and it's going to be okay." He was sooo good. :) He weighed in at 12 pounds 14 ounces and is 23 inches long, after the doctor left, the nurse came in and asked Jeremy to lay him on the table as she got her little tray of shots ready. She saw that I was ready to breastfeed with my cover over me and commented that "it looks like you are ready to nurse him after this." It took me a second to realize that she said "after.." and that my baby was laying on the table. um. I don't think so. So I was like "Actually I would like to nurse him while he gets his shots, I think he will do better being close to me." She told me that she needed him to be really still and that I could sit next to him...but that wasn't good enough for me so I told her again, "I really just want to nurse him, so Jeremy can hold his legs really still ok?" I was NOT going to let my little baby lay on that cold, crinkly paper having his legs held down without any comfort, so I kept telling her how I wanted it, and I finally got my way. It was so sad. He started to nurse then she started the shots and he just cried and cried. I was like clutching his little diaper because I was so sad, and I felt like a big meanie. I watched the shots and I shouldn't have because it just made it that much worse...his cute little baby thighs. :'( I just held him close and tried to talk to him to help him feel better. After she was done he cried a few more seconds then started to nurse again, I'm so so glad I was able to hold him because I think it helped him, even though he didn't nurse through the shots, his nursing spot is like his comfort place. I almost cried, but held it together, all I can say is that I'm glad Jeremy was there with me! :) I love him and he keeps me down to earth when I start to worry too much.
I really need to stop fretting about things so much. :p

No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.