Friday, March 18, 2011
Can I get a makeover...or two?
I had always heard about how after ladies have babies they need a haircut, new makeup, new clothes and a tan among other things but I didn't really think about it that much...now I know it's true. It's definitely true. I feel so NOT sexy lately. I wake up when Bridger wakes up and feed him right away...then he needs a really bad diaper change so I get out of bed, give him a bath, put nice, cute, clean little baby outfits on him and start homework...but wait. What about MY clean clothes and cute hair? nope. Sometimes I can hardly get a shower in and if I do, usually my hair air drys (which is really cute and extra frizzy) and goes straight into a messy ponytail. I'm sure Jeremy just feels really great when he walks in the door after work and sees Fruity Pebbles spilled all over the table (because I have to pour one handed since Bridger HAS to sit in one hand, the cereal get's kinda out of control) dirty diapers everywhere and a wife stuck to the couch holding her baby with her pj's still on trying to finish her homework. So to solve this problem I went shopping and bought a few fantastic new shirts that are great for nursing and got a haircut. :) A cute shirt and a pair of jeans that really make you look good can make all the difference sometimes (even if I only get to wear them to wal mart). Anyway, my hair really looks no different so I'm kinda dissapointed with it although it probably doesn't look as crazy, and I still end up wearing pj's most of the day. What does a mom do to feel sexy again??!! I need a nice long vacation to the beach, a great fitness program to get back my rock hard abs (ok, almost rock hard abs ;) ha) and great hair that doesn't take TIME to do. Ha ha ha ha ha....ha in my dreams, right? If I figure anything out I will let you know, in the mean time, I will continue my search for how to achieve sexy motherhood.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Kaylee...
ReplyDeleteYou must be joking. You look amazing! Seriously. :) You would never know you were just pregnant...You've done great.
Kaylee,
ReplyDeleteYou do look great. Always have. But I can feel your, not pain, but I know how you feel. I recently went to Old Navy and bought like 6 shirts for only $20.00! Huge sale going on. I also did my hair. Anywho, what I was going to say is a simple way cute way to do your hair.
Pull it completely straight back. Put it in a really high ponytail. Then take that ponytail and make a neat/messy bun. It's super cute. If you go to my blog and click the button on the right, "The Daybook." She does her hair as I'm trying to explain, a lot. So check it out if you want. I did my hair like that yesterday. Super fast. Super cute. ..
U
Holy cow, i know exactly how you feel! I had the post-baby hair crisis a few weeks ago and chopped off all my hair! It is nice for a change, but doesn't help in the "feeling cute" category. :)
ReplyDeletep.s. i'm super jealous that you look like you didn't even have a baby!