Wednesday, September 29, 2010

One year! :)

So my sexy man and I celebrated our 1st anniversary on Sunday. We went down to St. George and spent the entire weekend having a blast and going to all the places we were on our wedding day and our favorite places to go when we were dating, it was a blast. :) On Saturday we went on a picnic in a little park, and besides the one part where a bird almost used my hair as a landing spot for it's poo, it was really fun. Sunday was the day Jeremy planned, we went to sacrament meeting, then ate lunch and we packed up our things. I had no idea where we were going, but we drove to St. George and we walked around the temple grounds thinking about that wonderful day exactly one year ago, then, we got back in the car and started driving...all this time I was wondering where in the world he was taking me...it turned out to be the same hotel we stayed at on our wedding night! It get's better. He booked the SAME room as he did last year, it's a wonderful, amazing room called the honeymoon suite. :) He is so romantic. I love it!! Monday was my day, I wanted to surprise him too, so I bought tickets to go to Tuacahn to see Tarzan that night. I took him out to play some glow-in-the-dark mini golf at Laser Mania (one of our favorite date spots) and then went to Texas Roadhouse for dinner which was delicious. I then proceeded to blindfold him with a tie, drove around a roundabout five times so he would stop guessing where we were and headed out to Tuacahn. I think he had a pretty good idea about what was going on but he played along with me. :) After the show, he thought we were going home, but no. I drove up to the "Dixie" mountain that overlooks St. George and the temple, the same place he proposed to me...he was so surprised. It was about 11 at night when we pulled up and I pulled a blanket, fresh fruit, crystal glasses and sparkling cider from the trunk, you should've seen the look on his face! He LOVES sparkling cider. :) We hiked up to our little spot and were getting ready to open our cider when I realized I had forgotten the bottle opener. Now, this wouldn't be that funny except for the fact that on our wedding night the hotel supplied chilled sparkling cider...with no bottle opener. Ha ha Jeremy worked on that thing for at least an hour and a half, putting a hole in his shirt in the process, before asking the front desk for something to use...that night on the mountain he only had to work on it for about 30 minutes, bending a key ring and using his belt to get the bottle open, I was just laughing and laughing, he's so dang adorable. :) This was one of those times when I just wanted to sit back and soak it all up so I would never forget, savoring the minutes, and spending time with this man I love so much it makes me cry. People always told me that the first year is the hardest, or that it "drags," psh. Yeah right! Not if you're havin fun with the love of your life everyday. Even when we are apart he makes me happy, attitude is everything! :)  

1 comment:

  1. That's so great! I'm so happy for you that your marriage and everything is just going so wonderful. I'm such a baby, I almost cried reading about what a great time you had! Love is amazing huh?

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.