Wednesday, July 28, 2010
Vacation. Totally. Rocks.
Mexico...the land with no law...no blinkers...and at least 25 people in the backs of the trucks...I love it. Where else can you go and not "really" have to stop at the four way stop or go 50 over the speed limit while driving next to a cop and not get pulled over? Um...let me think...Nowhere! Ok, ok, I don't know if we pushed the speed limit THAT bad, but we did speed. Mexico was awesome, not just because of the beautiful beaches and really nice people, but because I was with my family! Actually, we spent every single night from right after dinner to midnight or later playing games...that happens on every vacation, and I wouldn't trade it for anything! We rented a car, or shall I say mini car...? It was a little nissan that could probably fit inside an elevator and we smashed five people in it. Cozy cozy. :) I was just glad I didn't have to drive because as I said before there are basically no laws down there. I think I saw at least five cars without license plates and the roundabouts were like tornados, I'm suprised our little car had brakes left by the end of the week! We took lot's of pictures and ate lot's of mexican food, although, I am a pretty picky eater and had to eat quesadillas three days in a row, I got sick of them but they were delicious. :) Jeremy was our translator and that helped a lot, most people down there can speak english but not that well, it's a whole lot faster for them to speak spanish with Jeremy. I love to hear him speak spanish...someday soon I'm going to start workin on it again because we want our kids to know both english and spanish...and we've got a kid coming in only five months! Anyway, I didn't want to come home, the last night we went to a beach that was nearby and played in the waves, the water was so warm that I could hardly pull myself out, but the waves were huge! I just have a short funny story about Jeremy...the third day we were there we went to a beach that is known for being great for snorkeling so we got all our gear and headed out. We were playing in the waves when Jeremy takes the goggles in his hand and with a huge smile on his face chucks them without thinking into the waves near the beach where they disappeared beneath the water within seconds, even though it seemed like slow motion as I watched the waves fold them in and take them out to sea. He had been trying to throw them to my sister but they fell way short, I could see him getting ready to throw them and yelled "DOOONNNTTT!" Obviously that did nothing but it was so funny, he looked like a little kid with that huge smile on his face. We thought they were gone forever and he was all upset but about 30 minutes later some guy found them and we got them back. We also took a boat ride on a boat with a glass bottom so we could see the fish beneath us when we went out to sea, the waves were huge and our boat was getting tossed around so I was getting nervous but we survived. :) Oh how I love vacation...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.