Thursday, July 15, 2010
Shrimp...or lemon? hm.
So one of my favorite things to do now is look on babycenter.com to see what our baby is developing this week. Today marked the first day of week 14 so this morning I logged on to check it out and hallelujah! I found out our baby graduated from being the size of a medium shrimp to being a lemon this week!! I think it's hilarious how our baby has developed from a kidney bean to a blueberry, to a lime and on up to a kumquat, then a medium shrimp and a lemon. :D Comparing a growing baby to food is a pretty genius idea I guess since we can visualize it easily...anyway, we have decided to keep the gender of our baby a suprise, we want to wait until it's born! Some people think we're crazy, but I love suprises! I really do, and so does Jeremy...so...why would we ruin one of the biggest suprises of our lives? We're going to do our nursery in neutral colors so we don't have to change it with every baby and the same goes for strollers and carriers. For clothes...maybe we'll just buy both and return the ones we don't need, or start out with neutrals. :) ha ha! Jeremy thinks it's a boy, and I can't decide yet...but Tadja thinks it's a girl already so I guess we'll see in about 5.5 months. :) Anyone can feel free to make a guess, that's the fun of it right? So far we've chosen a couple girl names that we really like but boys names seem to be a lot harder to choose...we have two but we're not really sure about them yet. It's the best to be able to experience all this and plan with Jeremy, it has been stressful at times but fun. :) I love it. :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
mines the size of a lime. :P
ReplyDelete5 1/2 months doesn't sound like a very long time, but when you say that you're due in January, it seems like forever!
I think.....it's a........BABY. no guess here. I can't even ever decide with my own babies. I guess we'll see when it gets here. :)
and for some reason, it never shows me your blog updates. I have to actually come to your blog and look for your newest. weird.
ha ha yours is a lime and mine is a lemon!! Cute little cousins. :) I agree with you on the 5.5 months thing, that's how I think of it because if I think of January it's way way far away and I feel like I just started. :p And by the way. I don't know how to use this blog thing all the way yet. I don't even know how to see other people's unless I go to the permissions page and click on their name...it should be easier than that, shouldn't it...? I need to figure this out ha ha. :) I think yours is a baby too...maybe a baby boy! maybe. I still can't decide.
ReplyDeleteOH newbies to blogging. ha ha. Ok first things first. I think it's funny how they compare babies to food...think that has anything to do with why pregnant women are always hungry? ha ha. And ya'll both got me beat on size. Mine is only the size of a sesame seed. lame. Anyways, Kaylee...all you have to do is add your friends to your blog page and then click their link each time you wanna go to them. Jen- Kaylee's blog is private so it doesn't show when she updates it. Mine is the same way. :) :)
ReplyDeleteHa ha you have a cute little sesame seed!! :) awwww...ha ha I love it, pretty soon you'll have a kidney bean, cute. :) So you're like what...6 weeks? There must have been something in the air this past spring... ;) How do I add someone to my blog page? Is there a button I click or something? And that is good to know about the whole private thing because I spent an hour today trying to figure it out...
ReplyDeletei know i just commented but here i go again :) boy names are hard! NOT that im preggo or planning on it for a while we have just talked about names ha. good luck! i think that keeping it a surprise will be so much fun.
ReplyDeleteIs it just me or am I weird? I personally do not know how big a medium shrimp is so that size comparison wouldn't help me much. :) But the lemon makes sense. That is pretty big!!! Cute cute.
ReplyDeleteBTW, yes, IT IS a girl.:) I have bet Licorice on this baby.
And... To add your friends go to "Design", "add a gadget" in your side bar, choose "blog list", and type in your favorite blogs URL address. :))))
there you go:)
See you not this week :(
(PS. Guess what? I'm talking to Justin right now! Woot:)