Tuesday, March 22, 2022

Benson is SIX!! :)

Benson turned six this year!! The first thing I think of when I think of Benson is his creativity. He is constantly asking for paper and tape and scissors so he can make his little creations. He makes presents for all of us all the time, he takes the empty toilet paper rolls, and saves everything from his kiwi crates so he can make cool things to share. He got an art easel for Christmas full of his very own paper, several rolls of tape, and art supplies and he LOVES it. He also loves building LEGO's, especially cars, and often builds little "sets" that he then takes apart and puts in bags like the LEGO's we buy at the store and gives them to us as presents. He draws pictures all the time, including crazy pictures at church, haha. 

He finished Preschool and started Kindergarten this past year and has been doing amazing! He is reading awesome and learning so much, and his handwriting is amazing! The books that he's interested in, like the Shark book in Box D, he will read over and over, happily. But the books that he's not interested in, like some of the mini books included in his lessons, he acts like it's torture! He loves numbers and math and does great with it, also. He loves writing little notes and he loves doing "school" with Ander everyday after he finishes his own. He writes little math problems and helps Ander answer them, and has him write letters. Anderson plays along so well, haha! It's so cute. 

He loves watching YouTube Kids: Hamster videos, Minecraft videos, LEGO building videos, cooking videos and more. He always loves helping my in the kitchen, especially when I'm making a dessert or snack. He is always very helpful and always willing to help Ander and Roz get breakfast in the morning (toast or cereal), he lets Captain out to potty and plays with him, and while he gets in fights and arguments sometimes he is often a peacemaker between his siblings. He loves to wrestle on the floor with Beckham and Daddy, and he loves to ride his bike and play at the park! He also LOVES building forts of all kinds, so for his birthday we bought him a Fort Magic kit so he doesn't have to use our furniture, haha. He can be quite busy and messy while in his creative modes, leaving disasters everywhere (cut up paper, dumped boxes of toys to use the buckets for forts, LEGO's spread throughout his room). We clean up his room together and he's a good helper, he also offers to help others clean up. 

He had a hard time going to primary after we moved this year, but has been doing so much better with the help of his really awesome primary teachers (Bailey and Leena Bates), and the awesome primary presidency. He also played soccer last Spring, took tumbling classes, tried Jiu Jitsu for a month, and is now learning bowling. He likes to be involved, but he doesn't like "classes." I think he gets anxious or bored and it makes him want to sit out or ignore his teachers. When he gets the right teacher, he does amazing, like with primary. He still won't participate in class, but he sits in his seat with the rest of his class and goes without complaint, that's a huge improvement! I'm proud of him. He sat out of the last couple games of soccer because I guess he just decided he was done, and got "put out" of Jiu Jitsu four times out of the eight classes (he and the teacher really clashed). He really wants to take ski lessons with Bridger and Beckham next year, and I told him he needed to show me that he could take a class and finish it, so I'm hoping by the end of the year he's willing to do that! :) We'll keep working on it.  

His hair is super thick and he gets some really awesome volume! Haha. He is wearing size 6-7 right now, he is very tall (in the 90-99% range for height) and thin, but super strong and fast. He weighs about 51 lbs (75th percentile). He likes to wear comfy clothes, so as soon as we get home from being out he changes into sweatpants right away! 

He is an extremely sweet, handsome, caring, kind, busy, creative, stubborn, forgiving little sweetheart. We love him so much and are so grateful for him!






22 Questions with Benson:
  1. What is your favorite toy? Hot Wheels City Wheels I just got for my birthday and my LEGO green car with black tires.
  2. What is your favorite part about school? The sharky book! (A new book he just started reading)
  3. Who is your favorite scripture hero? Jesus
  4. What is your favorite food? Cake and cookies and cupcakes and muffins and lasagna. 
  5. What is your favorite dessert? Bubble gum is my favorite treat!
  6. What is your favorite vegetable? Carrots, why would I never stop eating them?
  7. What is your favorite fruit? Bananas, oranges, apples, and peaches. 
  8. What do you want to be when you grow up? Firefighter, so Anderson can see me cause he loves fire trucks. 
  9. What is your favorite snack? Montana crackers and protein balls
  10. What is your favorite book? The shark one from my box D (His kindergarten books)
  11. What is your favorite thing to have for breakfast? Chocolate peanut butter cheerios
  12. What is your favorite holiday? Christmas Day
  13. What does Mommy always say to you? I love you
  14. What does Daddy always say to you? I love you 
  15. What is your favorite TV show? Minecraft videos on YouTube Kids, and hamster videos, and learning how to build cars (LEGO videos on YouTube Kids)
  16. Who is your best friend? Grayson from Jiu Jitsu, and that boy I played with at the community center.  
  17. What are you really good at? Building LEGOs, I like building LEGO cars. 
  18. If you could have a wish, what would it be? When I'm a parent I can make my own food, like you get to. Yummy!
  19. What is your favorite primary song? I just sit down and listen to all the songs. 
  20. What vegetable do you hate the most? All of them except for carrots. 
  21. Best memory from this year? The LEGO cars I built. 
  22. Something you accomplished? Soccer, bowling, and Jiu Jitsu. I already learned how to be a ninja, and Jiu Jitsu teaches you how to be a ninja so I don't need that class anymore. 


At Ryan Dam in Great Falls.



He put Roz and Ander's chairs together so all three of them could sit together. :)

Drawing a picture after doing his course book. :)





He brought me this pinecone and flower when we stayed at the Worldmark Wolf Creek.


Preschool graduation pictures in pajamas!

He made a fort for Roz, you can see her little face, haha. 

He made this all on his own, haha. 


He took some plastic pieces and taped them up and made goggles! :)


Soccer!

April Fools Day!

He made Ander some paper shorts!! I was laughing so hard.

Beaver!

He made his own skis!

Handsome little tasty!




Another of his creations!

He put some Halloween stickies up on the window. :)



For some reason he really likes posing like this for pictures, haha. 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.