Monday, November 2, 2020

Roslyn is ONE!! :)

Our sweet girl is ONE!! She is so stinking adorable I can hardly handle it. She is so sweet, and sassy, and girly, and in charge. I just finished her quilt top and I love how it turned out!

Her nicknames...
Me: Roz, Lil' Peach, Muffin, Rozzie Girl, Rozzle Pop
Jeremy: Pickle
Bridger & Beckham: Rosie
Benson: Rozzie Puff, Rosie
Anderson: Rozzie
Aunt Brianna: Rosie

I can not believe our little Sweetie has been here for a year already, it went soooo fast. We are so grateful for her. It has been so fun for all of us to have our baby girl here, getting to know her and seeing how her brothers treat her so sweet. She has us all wrapped around her finger. She has the cutest little sway to her baby walk, her beautiful blue eyes, her blonde curls that fly out from behind her ears, her little baby chubbies, her girly voice, her dancing, her sweet smile and baby chuckle, her sweet cuddles, are all just a few of the things we love about our Rozzie Girl. I wouldn't say she is overly sassy, I guess I would say she is spunky, and she just has this matter-of-fact attitude about her (she takes after her Mommy, lol). For example...we have a routine every night at bedtime, when I take her upstairs to nurse and sleep I lay the blanket Grandma Brown made her on the bed and I lay her in the middle of it, then I hand her her floppy fawn and I swaddle her in the blanket, then I carry her to the rocking chair and she nurses, then I put her in her bed and she always turns on to her right side and is ready to sleep. Well, a couple nights ago, I laid her down and then stayed a few seconds longer, tracing her face and rubbing her back, just loving her, and all of a sudden she just swats me away and gets comfy again to go to sleep, LOL. She was just done and she let me know, it's just part of her personality and I love it. She does this with anything she's just done with...toys, nursing, someone trying to play with her and she doesn't want to, when she's done eating, when she's done cuddling, etc. I don't know any other way to describe it besides saying she is just very decisive and she knows what she wants. I also would say that she observes a lot, she's not super loud, but she's very busy, and she watches her brothers playing very closely before she joins in. She is super sweet, absolutely gorgeous, and very independent. She LOVES to play outside and tries to escape out the door anytime someone goes in or out...and then when she's out there she goes straight for the dirt and rocks! Lolol. She will put pebbles in her mouth, and then Jeremy will go, "Baby..." and she will spit them all out. Ha! She's a little tease, and mischievous. She also loves to swing on the big saucer swing on Grandma and Grandpa's swing set, Jeremy or I, or one of her brothers, will sit on it with her and she will sit there and swing with us for forever! I could talk all day about everything we love about her. I cry just thinking about how she has filled a spot in our family that we had been waiting for, she has been so good for the boys and has taught them how to be more gentle and sweet (even if it is just with girls), she makes people around her so happy and spreads this sweet joy to everyone around her. We love her so much and are so grateful to have her in our family forever. And we don't even mind that she chose our anniversary as her birthday. ;)


  • She weighs 22 pounds.
  • She is wearing 12-18 month clothes.
  • She loves to push trucks, her shopping cart, and cars around. Her favorite is her pink and purple dump truck Grandma Brown got her for her birthday, she puts her little stuffed animals in it (usually her favorite one, her floppy fawn) and pushes them around. She also loves to go in the pantry and put potatoes in her dump truck. She makes us smile so much. :)
  • She loves to color with me! I'll get out a box of colored pencils and crayons and she loves to scribble with me. 
  • She LOVES to cuddle! She has her favorite stuffed animal, her floppy fawn, and she sleeps with it everyday/night, and when she gets up from her nap she always grabs it and snuggles her cheek against it and takes it with her when I pick her up. She will start playing and put it down, and then a few minutes later go grab it and snuggle it to her cheek, and then put it down and play, and then snuggle it, over and over. LOL. She also loves to snuggle blankets and her unicorn. 
  • I can get her hair into a super cute, tiny ponytail on top now! It's so adorable. It fans out at the top like a tiny umbrella and it's soooo cute. She is getting better about letting me do her hair, she still waves her hands above her head to swat me away, but I usually just give her something to distract her and finish real quick, I'm getting better at it. :)
  • When I change her diaper she still scratches her little chubbies everywhere, LOL. She also just throws her legs way up by her face and just lets them sit there, she is super flexible. She is also very wiggly and does not like sitting still for a diaper change or getting dressed, unless she's getting shoes on to go outside. 
  • She dances to every song she hears, ha ha. She LOVES dancing. I turned Tabernacle Choir at Temple Square on a couple Sundays ago and she started dancing, LOL. She has sooo many baby moves, it's so fun to watch her. She'll hear a song and start swaying side to side, then she will sit down and rock forward and backward, then she'll get in a crawl position and go side to side with her shoulders, and then she'll get on one knee and sway side to side, and she will just keep changing her moves up, it is adorable!!
  • She loves to eat by herself, she gets really upset if we try to feed her like a baby anymore. We just give her the spoon and she does really good with it! When she's getting full, or bored of a certain food, she will start tossing it off her tray or make a mess with it, lol. 
  • She loves almond milk yogurt (vanilla, strawberry, and chocolate), and she loves veggies in soups, fresh peaches, fresh pears, bananas, blueberries, strawberries, bran muffins, waffles, whole wheat pasta, butternut squash, brown rice, and apples in her teether.
  • She has six teeth now! She cut two more right when she turned 12 months. 
  • She makes this sweet little girly singing sound like "whoa-oo-whoa-oo-whoa-oo-whoa-oo." She used to just do it when she was playing, but now when she's getting upset it kind of turns into a little cry/whine, it's adorable.
  • She is into everything. She is walking SO good and SO fast and she is super quiet, so I will put her down to play in the playroom, come back a few seconds later and she's already making her way up the stairs! Or playing in the toilet, or pulling all Grandma's tupperware out of the cupboard, or loading her dump truck up with potatoes in the pantry. But seriously, we have to be so good about closing the bathroom door because if we leave it open she always plays in the toilet water and it's SO gross. Gah. 
  • She nurses when she wakes up in the morning, before her nap, and before bed, and then 1-2 times at night. She goes to bed at 7 PM and then sleeps until between 1-2 AM, nurses, and then goes back to sleep until about 4 AM, nurses, then sleeps until 6-7 AM and is up for the day. She takes one nap per day, she goes to sleep between 11-12, and sleeps until between 2-3. 
  • She will only suck on her tiny 0-6 month binky still! LOL. I have been trying to get her to take the 6-18 month binky for a few months now and she will put it in her mouth and then immediately spit it out. She just does not like it. At all. I think the tiny binky fits her mouth better, I was telling Jeremy that she made this clicking noise when she nursed until she was like 10 months old, our chiropractor thought it was because she has a high palate, so I'm thinking that's why she prefers it. Either way, it's cute. :)
  • She can say: mama, dada, duh (duck), lalalalala (a little song Grandma taught her), and da done (all done). 
  • She likes to say "goo-ga-goo-ga" and she sometimes just jabbers away in her own little language, it's so cute. 
We got some adorable 12 month pictures taken:




Those sweet chubbies and tiny toes and fingers.


So, back to her decisive personality...she would NOT smile or move with this outfit on. She picked at the lace with two fingers with this grumpy look on her face, then as soon as we changed her into the cream sweater onesie she was totally fine and smiling and crawling around having a blast, LOL.

That little smile she's always done, lol. She's so gorgeous.













They are all my favorite. Seriously. Kassidy Baker did such an amazing job.


On to her first birthday party...

 We had a peach themed birthday party for her! First of all, I've called her Lil' Peach since she was born, but she also LOVES fresh peaches, and she was born during peach season, so it was basically a must, lol. I found the cutest outfit on Etsy and made her a tasty smash cake that was very similar to a banana bread, but I added peach puree for flavor, the frosting was just whipped cream, and she loved it! She dug right in and was not afraid to get messy. 

Those who joined us for her first birthday: Our family, Grandma and Grandpa Brown, and Aunt Brianna. :)

She got a music mat (you step on it and it makes sounds), a baby doll (that she cuddled to her cheek right away), a touch and feel mermaid book, a little pull-toy bumble bee, a pink and purple dump truck and race car from Grandma and Grandpa, and a shopping cart with play food from Aunt Brianna






























No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.