Wednesday, May 18, 2016

1 Month. :)

Benson turned 1 month on April 21st!



At 1 month:
  • He nurses every 1.5-2 hours, sometimes sooner during the day. At night he has gone as long as six hours the first stretch, then 2-3 hours until morning. 
  • At his 2 week appointment he weighed 8 lbs 12 oz.
  • He started really smiling around 4 weeks, he would lift a cheek in these little grins that melt your heart. 
  • He is super alert when he's awake, and you can see the happiness in his eyes when you talk to him. 
  • He is getting some sweet little rolls!
  • He nurses really well, but I have a very fast let down so he still chokes a lot and has to really work hard to keep up with the flow, we nurse laying down for the most part because he does much better that way. The let down also causes hum to gulp a lot which causes gas, and that makes the nights fun, lol. 
  • His first real trip was down to Grandma and Grandpa Brown's house for Easter and Aunt Brianna's homecoming, he did great on the drive down and got to meet all of his cousins and Aunt's and Uncle's from the Brown side, and also met Grandpa Jarvis and Uncle Jason and Aunt Brittany's family. :) He also met a few of his Great Aunts and Uncles from the Brown side, Jeanette and Les  and Barry and Jenny, and Aunt Kathy. That's a lot of people for a 3-4 week old to meet! lol. My anxiety was a little a lot out of control, but we made it. 
  • He loves to be carried around the house with me ALL day. If I put him down to sleep he wakes right up! He nurses to sleep occasionally, but sometimes he will use a pinky or just want to be rocked. 
  • Up to this point I carry him in my left arm and do everything with my right and he is literally in my arms all day long, there have been a couple times where he was fussy and I had to use my Solly wrap (which he loves) to calm him and put him to sleep. I'm the only one he really will calm down for.
  • He has started to fight sleep already! I have to walk around when he gets sleepy because he will even fuss in my arms if he gets too tired.
  • His cold from when he was 5 days old finally cleared up, the stuffy nose was really really tough. It made me so nervous, gah. Jeremy gave him a blessing and then I took him to the doctor and they checked his oxygen, it was low but still okay. I just had to continuously be suctioning his nose and he hated it, but he couldn't eat or suck his binky unless I did. Anyway, I am so grateful it finally cleared up. :) 
  • I think he has breastmilk jaundice because he has been yellow still, our midwife checked him out and said it usually goes away by 8 weeks, we've been trying to get him some sun, but it's still chilly and cloudy outside. :l 
  • He loves, loves to take a warm bath! But, he hates to get out. 
  • He still startles really easily, so we have to be super gentle with our movements when changing the position he is being held in, laying him down, or picking him up or he will startle and start crying. I think he gets focused on something and thats why, but maybe he is just sensitive.  
Getting ready for his first bath!

He loved it!! Except the getting out part. :l 


Here is a picture of his cute, tiny cheek grin. :)


I'm so grateful for this sweet boy. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.