These two pictures are of the kids playing with Grandma Brown.
We headed down to Long Beach on Monday, January 5th. The drive wasn't bad and the kids did AWESOME. We only had to stop once so we could talk to Brianna when she was at the airport, which was really fun. :) We got there in the evening, and the roads are horrible in California, it made me appreciate Utah, ha ha. Anyway, we bought all the groceries for like a week and headed back to the hotel we were staying at. This was the first time we had stayed in a hotel that was all one room, the kitchen area was just open to the living and sleeping area, so it was pretty big, just no separation. We usually we have at least one separate bedroom for the boys to sleep in so we don't keep them up in the evenings, so I was a little nervous about naps and how this was going to work. The first few days were rough with naptime, but I eventually figured out a way to keep Bridger quiet so Beckham could sleep (by having him play his Leap Pad in the hallway by the bathroom, ha ha). Jeremy would get home around 5:30 everyday, but by then it was already getting dark, so I had to either stay in the room with the boys all day or brave up and find something fun for us to do. I was terrified because people drive crazy down there and the roads are awful. The third day all three of us were ornery, I told myself I was going to find a park for these boys to play at...or else. The front desk lady had told me about a library with a playground by it, so I loaded up the boys and we headed out to find it...I pulled into a parking lot and had to pay to get in, so I was kinda just wingin' it and decided that whatever we just paid for we were going to do and hopefully it was fun and kid friendly. We found a parking spot and I noticed that everyone was in hiking clothes (we were not) and had these like, hiking strollers (which, I also did not have). I got our little stroller and we followed people into this nature park that had miles and miles of trails, ponds, bridges, and sitting areas, it was awesome! The weather was SO beautiful and the boys loved all the animals they saw, especially the ducks. We walked for a really long time, so long that Bridger could barely make it back, ha ha.
As we were walking, Bridger kept complaining that he wanted to go to a park.
Me: We are at a park. It's fun, huh?
Bridger: But I want to go to a park that's put together (as he scowls... and has fun).
HA. His logic, I love it. :) He wanted a playground is what he meant, he is so cute.
Watching the turtle at the nature park we found.
The aquarium was huge and so fun! The boys didn't want to touch anything, but they loved seeing all of it. :) Afterward we took a walk in the rain and ate at a yummy restaurant.
Bridger LOVED the aquarium!
Neither one of them would touch any of the animals.
We took a walk in the rain along here, it was beautiful!
Little buddies. They make me smile.
It was SO beautiful! We took a walk on that pier behind us later that night and it was all lit up and beautiful. Beckham was determined to push the stroller himself the whole way so it took us forever, we ended up having to strap him in and get out of there since it was so late!
Watching cartoons with daddy before work. :)
Beckham was afraid of the sand at the beach at first, he refused to walk on it until the second time we went, then he loved it as much as Bridger did! There were some pretty freaky brave seagulls there, Jeremy and Bridger were running through this huge flock of seagulls that landed on this beach, making them fly everywhere. While they did that, Beckham and I tried to protect our beach bag from getting torn apart by those darn birds. They are so freaky. Jeremy eventually had to come chase them off for me! ew. birds. :p I hate birds. Oh, and these pictures aren't so great because I forgot my camera. :( But, they'll do. We got to go to the beach twice, once at night and once in the early evening, the weather was absolutely beautiful!
Little buddies. They make me smile.
It was SO beautiful! We took a walk on that pier behind us later that night and it was all lit up and beautiful. Beckham was determined to push the stroller himself the whole way so it took us forever, we ended up having to strap him in and get out of there since it was so late!
There was a playground on the beach that the boys loved playing on, this was on our walk there. :) ps, I did not make them or tell them to do that. I had to take a picture because it was adorable.
So, after Jeremy finished work in Long Beach my parents came down to meet us in San Diego for the weekend, it was also my mom's birthday. :) We stayed in one of my parents condo's, which was nice. The first day we checked out this really cool shopping area with a train museum, gardens, and tons of restaurants. I was a little worried that our boys would get totally bored at the train museum, but they actually really REALLY loved it! There were hundreds of tiny model train exhibits, it was huge! While we were there Bridger got really tired of walking and wanted to be carried, so Jeremy put him on his shoulders, he was up there for awhile, we watched a lady making a glass vase (which was really interesting and kind of scary) then headed to the car. Jeremy put Bridger down and he started crying and sat on the ground, I thought maybe he had a leg cramp or something. Jeremy picked him back up and while we are walking he says "there is sand in my shoes!!" I was like, "whaaattt?? There is no sand here..." Then my mom caught on and figured out that he meant that his toes were tingly from being asleep. I couldn't stop laughing, it was really cute.
Going on some rides! :D
The boys LOVED these rides!
Those are real flamingos, they almost look fake in this picture...


















No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.