BUT.
At the same time, I am so happy. :') I love to see him learn new things, to see that look of accomplishment on his face when he does something new, just the right way. I love to listen to him play and talk, to hear his thoughts and listen to his 3-year-old logic. I love the way he has picked up on certain facial expressions that he uses when he is thinking really hard about something.
For awhile now he...we'll get him tucked into bed at night and we'll give him a kiss and go to close his door and he says "cuddle me...?" as we are leaving, just so he can stay up a few minutes longer. Aannnddd...so I do. Because who, really, could ever say no to that? So Jeremy or I (whoever is tucking him in) will get back on his bed and wrap him in our arms and cuddle with him, we talk to him about different things and sometimes Jeremy will cuddle with him for so long that I go in to find them both asleep. But when I cuddle him, I trace his face and play with his hair and tell him how much I love him. It goes like this, everytime...
Me: "I love you Bridger."
Bridger: "You love me?"
Me: "Yep, I love you."
Bridger: "Oh, I love you, too."
Then he asks for two butterfly kisses (he thinks they are so funny) and I usually leave after that. Like I mentioned, most of the time I'll trace his face and play with his hair, then he'll start playing with my hair...but I've been using this spray wax, and two nights ago Bridger was playing with my hair and he said "your hair is greasy." And I was like "What?? My hair isn't greasy! That's spray wax." He didn't care. He just told me it was greasy again. I just laughed, at least he's honest, right?
He is so stinkin' cute.
At his three year doctor appointment, he did SO good. He just gave his "scowl" to the doctor the whole time, but he didn't fight him or say anything, it was hard not to laugh. He weighed 31.6 lbs and was 37.5 inches tall. He had a dum dum sucker in his front shirt pocket and as soon as he was done he had me open it, I am proud of him. :)
We had his birthday down in Hurricane, a small little party on his actual birthday, then a bigger party about a week later with both sides of the family. I'm pretty sure he thought he had like three birthdays because he kept telling me "It's my birthday time!!" Every morning. It was cute. :) He loved all his presents, he had a hard time staying on track opening them, though. He was so excited about every present, he just couldn't wait to play with it. He got some pretty cool things, a HUGE helicopter and some Floam from Grandma and Grandpa Brown, Lincoln Logs from Grandma Jarvis, Cars walkie talkies from the Campbells, some Hot Wheels cars from Jason & Brittany, and he got a red Cars backpack, two puzzles, a play doctor kit and a car/train table from us (which he hasn't gotten yet because we haven't put it together. :l awesome, right?)
Anyway, here are some pictures from the party and his birthday. :)
He chose this doughnut out on his birthday. :) Then almost caught his jacket on fire trying to blow out the candles, but I love how happy he looks. :)
The balloons didn't turn out how I wanted, we kind of just stuck them everywhere after we ran out of time, ha ha! Oh well, I'm pretty sure Bridger didn't care. :)
The SWEET cake my mom and I made! :) It was home-made velvet cake with cream cheese frosting. mmm.
I love this boy forever. I can't believe he's three!! :)


Oh my goodness! He is SO handsome!! :) I can't believe our boys are three!!! Make it stop! But you are right. It is so fun hearing them talk and say silly things. It's soo bittersweet.
ReplyDelete