Sunday, October 9, 2011

Knee scope.

Jeremy had to have a knee scope done (because of a basketball injury) on Thursday this last week, it was kinda scary since neither of us have had surgery before. We had to be at the surgical center at 5:30 AM. That's sooo early...and we were there until about 8. He got out of surgery around 7 and they called me in to sit with him while the anesthesia wore off, so I grabbed Bridger (who was being a stinker...) and headed back to see him. Before the surgery he was pretty worried about how he would act afterward, becuase people at work were telling him all these crazy stories. But can I just say that Jeremy with anesthesia in his system is hilarious?? He was just laughing and saying random things...and laughing some more...he would drink a little juice, laugh a little, and then say that he didn't feel wierd at all, that he was normal. bahahahaha! I was just like...mmhmmm...and smiling while he was saying gibberish and laughing to me. Awhile later the doctor came in and said he had "good news & bad news" you should have seen Jeremy's face ha ha. They couldn't find anything wrong with his knee. He had gotten an MRI a few weeks earlier that had shown a hole in some cartilage or something and after double checking his entire knee in surgery they couldn't find it. So...all he said was that he had to go to physical therapy and see if it got better, the good news was that he said Jeremy has a really good knee that has a lot of years left on it. We don't feel that it was a waste though, because at least now we know that it's okay. His recovery has been pretty quick, the first couple days were a little rough but he's up and limping around on it and he only took percocet once! (he didn't like it because it made him feel wierd & dizzy) He took the bandage off today and we found out that they had made three incisions instead of just one which was quite the suprise...overall, it has been a pretty crazy & stressful experience...I just hope his knee gets back to normal soon!

Bridger said buh-bye for the first time today and has started clapping his hands. :) He is so darn cute. He is also standing on his own a lot more than before but is still really cautious about it. He also likes to climb up the stairs...all the time! He is definitely throwing us for a loop on the whole eating deal. He only wants breastmilk, baby cheetos and puffs. Nothing else. I've tried toast, crackers, peas, baby food...he wants none of it. And when he does eat it, he chokes on it and scares the crap out of me. I have to watch him so close because he tries to shove too much in his mouth...he's like his dad. ha ha boys are funny. ;p Anyway, he can fit an entire cheeto in his mouth...that's kind of a lot for a little baby...he also has not been sleeping hardly at all unless he sleeps with us. Yes, he still sleeps with us.-this is not available for comment ha ha...we have tried CIO more than once & it doesn't work...plus...it kills me every time and makes him not take naps at all. I don't know what to do. Being a parent is the hardest thing I have ever done, but just like they say, it is the most rewarding thing I have ever been a part of too! My love far outweighs the frustrating feelings that come sometimes. :)

By the way-our ward finally split!!! Hurray!! Our ward has been way over capacity for over two years and they finally split it. I. am. so. glad. Every week was like stake conference...and you know what that means. You have to get there like 30 minutes early-at least! to get a soft seat. With a 9 month old, every minute makes a difference and 30 minutes just about killed us. We are in the new ward so we will get new callings and have a new bishop, I really feel like this will be a great change. :)

2 comments:

  1. BTW, you made it seem like you're not good at updating your blog... you so are a great blogger. haha. :) I'm glad that Jeremy's knee is okay, such a relief! Still sounds like you guys have a lot on your plates though, does your husband just work, or does he have school too? On the whole parenting thing, I TOTALLY agree, it can be so hard and frustrating sometimes, I think the hardest thing for me is that there is two sides to EVERYTHING, seriously, "don't do this, do this, no thats bad, no it's good, do it this way, no do it this way...." Ahh, too much for me haha. I've heard so much on breastfeeding and the whole sleeping thing! So I understand, I'm so nervous to have a newborn again, the first 5 months I was a zombie, never slept, Autumn would seriously nurse all.night.long. With this one I hope I can learn how to nurse in the laying down position, do you know how? I never got it with Autumn. :( Anyways... That book, "on becoming baby wise" helped me sooooooooooooo much. And it's pro breastfeeding too! I really think it's worth getting it and reading it. I hope it helps you. And with the whole picky eating thing, I'm pretty sure it's normal, my daughter pulls that sometimes. haha. I think it will go away after a while, and at least breast milk is really good for them. Just relax, you're a great mom!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you!! ha ha you're so nice. :) Jeremy works full time and goes to school full time right now. :S Actually, I bought the first and second babywise books and read them already after you suggested it on my facebook, it's awesome!! And I am trying to use what I learned...ha ha. Also, when Bridger was first born I was getting so exhausted from staying up all night feeding him, so breastfeeding laying down together is pretty much all I did at night for the first six months, because we could both pretty much sleep through it, it was great. :) It took quite a few times to adjust to though, but now it's one of my favorite ways to breastfeed...good luck!

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.