I turned 21!!! Whoo!!! jk. I didn't want to turn 21, to me, 20 is still young and youthful...21 just seems so ooollldddd. I don't know how to explain it, it's just bittersweet. Anyway, I didn't do anything too crazy and huge, my family threw a little party for me over conference weekend and my awesome sister Jen brought 3 six-packs of "beer" (old-fashioned root beer of course...ha ha) and my mom made me my favorite food, which is ham casserole, and her homeade chocolate cake. It is SOOOO good. ah. My mouth waters just thinking about it. Anyway, I got some pretty cool things...Jeremy got me Wii Zumba (oh yeah. :) ) and Tangled (my fav movie right now) along with the soundtrack, Jen got me some food storage from costco, and my mom and dad got me the CUTEST scripture bag along with a bamboo silverware tray holder for my silverware drawer...I love it. I was all dissapointed that Jeremy didn't take Monday off, which was my actual birthday so I thought it was going to be all boring, but guess what. He told me had reservations and we had to leave by five. I asked him what I should wear and he says, "jeans and a shirt." What kind of reservations did he get?! Jeans and a shirt? ok...So he gets home, showers, and we hop in the car, he then goes on to drive around the round about by our house at least five times, then starts driving around the neighborhood, I had no idea where we were going, I thought we were heading into town, but nope. He pulled in to our friends drive way and started getting out of the car. I was like, "HA. HA." where are we really going?! He just smiles, grabs the baby seat and heads up the front steps with my mouth hanging open in disbelief. When i got inside the table was set all pretty and they were grillin up some nice, expensive, juicy steaks. I was totally surprised!! How adorable and sweet of him. I just wanted to kiss his face I was so happy. Here are some pics from my family party...
I'm wearing a shirt that says "Daughter of God"...hmm...
(all my clothes were in the laundry, it was the only shirt I could find)
I forgot to mention that my parents got us this AwEsOmE Old Testament book that has facts, pictures and explanations so we can actually understand what we are reading, it's so so cool.
This is Calum, my baby nephew who is 16 days younger than Bridger. He likes the taste I think.
This is a huge post. On to the next thing I have to catch up on...
April Fool's Day. A gigantic holiday in my family.
I just can't resist writing this story from a couple years ago. Jeremy and I were still dating and he had absolutely NO idea how much my family loves this holiday, so...my sister Jen brings over "carmeled apples" mmhmm. yeah. no way. You always make your OWN food on April Fools at our house so of course I didn't take one. But unsuspecting Jeremy gets the happiest look on his face and says, "I have never had a carmeled apple before!!" Like a little boy. So he grabs one and takes a big ol' bite out of it, started chewing then got a really wierd look on his face...it was an onion!!! Ha ha! He actually swallowed the whole bite. I couldn't believe it. It was a huge bite. His breath smelled for three days I think. To say the least, he learned. :)
This year me and Jeremy planned a very creative? dinner for my friend Emily and her boyfriend Ben. This looked so legit. seriously. I found these ideas on Family Fun magazine's site. This is pound cake that is toasted with cream cheese frosting dyed orange like American cheese...
It looks real doesn't it?!
And this is a cupcake made of meatloaf, with mashed potatoes dyed blue...
Not AS real, but still look-alikeish...
It actually turned out really delicious. Too bad I didn't think to take a picture til halfway through our meal. I also put raspberry Jello in our cups and when they tried to drink it nothing came out, they kept tipping it higher and higher. it was totally hilarious! Bwahahahaha! We were just laughing.
Over the past few months my cute, awesome little Mazda Protoge has been having some issues. :( poor car. It started overheating so we changed valves, hoses, and the water pump...and spent at least $400, we thought it was fixed but then last week we were driving back up from Hurricane and didn't make it to Cedar before it started overheating again...so frustrating! My parents drove up and traded us their van to borrow until we got something figured out. We decided we would start searching for a car or small SUV to buy that would last us a long time, after about a MILLION hours researching and comparing we decided to look for either an 08 or an 09 toyota rav4. We test drove one and we knew we wanted it but it was way out of our price range, so then we decided we would take our search online. We found the one for us. :) And we got it for a pretty good deal, it's a sand colored 09 and it's located at a dealer in Texas. So...Jeremy and my dad are goin on a little trip next week to fly down and drive it back. :) I really hope it works out! Here's a picture of it...
The other day I was talking all silly to Bridge saying "you're so cute...you're so cute..." over and over again in different tones of voice and all of a sudden he started giggling and giggling and giggling! He giggled for like five minutes straight and I even got a few minutes on camera! :) Check it out.
Sorry it's sideways, I didn't want to reload it...
Look at that little sad lip. I just want to kiss him.
Bridger loves his auntie Brianna. :)
Ok, this is really him at 14 weeks but it's not my fault that it was cloudy everyday for a week and a half (it ruins the lighting and the pics don't turn out as good) Anyway, there's my happy boy. :)
The end. :)


I love your blog! It's adorable! Happy birthday again:) 21, eh? Happy to say I'll legally be an adult very soon. Bridger is so stinkin' cute. Cute little family:) Miss you guys:) Soon we'll have a reunion and I won't be a third wheel...Bridger will be ;) heh heh. Love you:)
ReplyDelete