Tuesday, April 27, 2010

A place to call home...woot woot!!

We officially moved in to our new house on April 11, 2010!! We slept on an air mattress for two days, then the moving company came and loaded our house up with furniture. :) It is fun to have a place to call your own...no worrying about how you hang the pictures and being afraid of getting a fine, or being scared of laughing too loud and annoying the neighbors. So far I have put the kitchen and living room together, and just last night Jeremy helped me with our bedroom (it looked like tornado territory). Our new place is finally starting to look like our home. :) Now for the location...we are kinda out in the middle of nowhere, but not really. We were able to get a rural housing loan but we only live about ten minutes West of Lehi. Our house is in a little valley and we have to drive part of the way on a dirt road to get here but I love it!! The mountain air is really crisp and fresh and there are trails all over right next to our house so it is fun to go running out there. As for neighbors...we have great, wonderful, awesome neighbors on the right side and not so great neighbors on the left so we decided that we are going to have to put up a fence...as my dad always says, "fences make good neighbors." :) I agree! I posted the sprinkler ordeal on facebook but I will put it in here anyway. The first night we stayed here we set the sprinklers up and it was really confusing. The next morning, around 7:30 I heard something hitting the garage and looked out the window...the neighbors yard was a disaster! The sprinklers had been on for at least four hours that morning so it looked like a muddy swampy mess...I didn't even know how to turn them off and I was freaking out so I called my mom and sent her a picture of the two handles and she told me to turn the right one...it worked. :) and the water has been off ever since. The whole street in front of our house was flooded and the gutter looked like a river, I was so embarrassed. :s I didn't even want to go outside, the worst part was the neighbors yard though, especially since they are in the process of putting a sprinkler system in. First lesson learned: find the sprinkler system user manual and do a test run before using for real. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.