This year our entire family got to SKI!! Because it was mine, Ander's, and Roz's first year, Benson and Jeremy stuck with us on the bunny hill the first two times. Bridger and Beckham took off on their own on the mountain, this was their third year skiing and they were old enough.
Benson was so patient about sticking with us, I shared a story in his birthday post about how I was really nervous and by myself because Jeremy was taking the little ones on the bunny hill and I literally didn't know what I was doing. Well, Benson zooms up like a pro and starts coaching me and even though I ended up skiing right into him and knocking him down he just got up, helped me up, and we kept working at it. He skis SO FAST. I love to see his confidence.
After those first two days on the bunny hill, the next Saturday we went on the bunny hill to warm up and then we went on the lift for the first time! We made it down the Big 7 once or twice.
The temperatures can get really cold, down to -20. So we had to wear a LOT of expensive gear and our goggles would freeze up.
At one point Anderson was skiing so fast down the bunny hill that he crashed through the plastic fence and slid into the ski lift area. He was pretty upset, but we got him going again in no time.
Roslyn didn't want to slow down to learn pizza at first, but she figured it out! It was cute because every time she got to the bottom of the hill without crashing out she'd do a little victory dance with her arms and hips in all her tiny snow gear. It was adorable.
Bridger and Beckham joined us for a few runs down the Big 7 and it was fun to be able to ski as a family. Bridger enjoys "sitting" on his skis and going super fast, and also skiing backward, haha.
I'm really grateful we got to have at least one season skiing together as a family before we left Montana! :)









No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.