Sunday, July 21, 2024

Hurricane Trip & Easter!! :)

While living in Montana we make sure to go to Hurricane twice a year, and one of those times is always around Easter! Our kids LOVE Grandma Brown's Easter egg hunts and they love celebrating with all of their cousins. I'm so grateful my mom continues this tradition, I know it's so much work, but the kids and even the adults truly do LOVE the hunt every year. The kids also love decorating Easter eggs together. But Easter morning, she puts out clues in eggs for each grandkid, and the parents put together the baskets and hide them. She also throws out toys on the lawn, and hides money eggs for the older kids. She even puts together baskets for the couples. She does such an amazing job. 

Easter weekend, before the egg hunt, Benson was baptized! We also had a birthday celebration for him there with his cousins. :) Jeremy and I were also able to go to the temple twice with Grandma and Grandpa Brown, and the second time Jarom and Marisa joined us. It was amazing! We live a lot further away from the temple here in Montana, so when we go down South, we always try to get temple trips in because a twenty minute drive is much shorter! Jeremy and I were also able to take Bridger to do baptisms for the dead, and we also loved that so much. Three temple trips in two weeks! :) 

We spent LOTS of time outside in the warm weather! Jeremy and I took Beckham and Benson on two different mountain bike rides which they did AWESOME on. This was Benson's first time joining us and he rode like a champ! Like, he literally just took off and I actually had to tell him to calm down so I could teach him how to do it, haha. He did so good, and was so risilient, no complaining at all even though it was tough. He fell down a few times, and just jumped up and got back on his bike without any complaints. I'm proud of both of Benson and Beckham for joining us and loving it. I love sharing our favorite hobbies with our kids! Jeremy and I went on one or two others on our own, too, they are our favorite sort of date!

Grandpa Brown bought a couple of tiny motorcycles that he needed to fix up a bit for the kids to ride. Beckham has been interested in cars and being a mechanic for a long time now and he had fun helping Grandpa get them ready. When they got them running, he went for a ride and did really good, but he slid out on the gravel and got hurt and then he didn't want to ride it anymore, haha. He said he would never ride it again, but he did eventually get back on and cruised around the street with Grandpa. I think he's still nervous about it, he says he's never riding it again, but I'm hoping when we go down again in October he'll give it a go again. :)

Jarom and Marisa were super kind and offered to take all of us on a ride in their Razor one day, which was SO FUN. We absolutely LOVED it. We had to take turns because it only seats five and Brianna and Alek and Grandma were riding too, but the kids just played in the dirt while they waited, haha. 

I also have to note that since Jarom and Marisa bought a house in Hurricane, this trip our kids loved playing there with their kids. Roz and Sage played dress up and all their girly games, which was also so fun, they're finally old enough to start being friends and they love each other! It's cute. :) 

Anyway, we always love our trips to visit family in Southern Utah, can't wait to go back. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.