Monday, July 1, 2019

26 Weeks. :)

26 weeks, 4 days. :)

I showed Benson my belly while we were cuddling a few nights ago and I told him that he's going to have a little sister soon, that there's a baby in my belly. He lifted his shirt up and pushed his belly out and said he had a baby in his tummy, too. LOL. A few days later I was stretching and we talked about it again, and he did the same thing, then started saying, "baby's gonna pop out!"

Another at 26 weeks. :)

Beckham loves to give our baby cuddles, especially in the morning and at night when we cuddle. He rubs his cheek or nose on my belly, kisses my belly and will sing or say goodmorning/goodnight to our baby. He always asks if our baby is kicking so he can feel. He is usually the first one out of bed in the morning, at 7 AM on the dot, lol. He runs into our room and now he gets in bed to cuddle and feel some kicks and punches from our baby and give her loves.

A few weeks ago...
Beckham: "Our baby has tastebuds now?? So she can taste chips??
Me: "Yep. :)"
Beckham: "Yay!!"

LOL.

Bridger thinks we should name our baby Jessie. :)

Anderson is only 16 months right now and has no idea, lol, but he has been really attached to Daddy lately. I also weaned him this week, which was really hard for me. :,( I had to wean Benson earlier than I originally planned, too, when I was pregnant with Anderson, so I've had to do it before, but still. He seems to be fine with it and hasn't gotten upset or anything, my milk supply has slowly gone down to the point where he was only getting a few gulps at nap and bedtime anyway, so I think that helped. I actually was able to nurse longer than I have during any of my other pregnancies, I usually weaned around 20 weeks or so, so I see that as a tender mercy. :)


I had an appointment a couple weeks ago, at 24 weeks. My belly measurement was 22 cm, so a little small, but I measured small with a couple of our others, too. Our midwife put the doppler on my belly to listen to her heartbeat and right away we heard a bunch of little kicks! lol. She was moving everywhere, we didn't actually find her heartbeat and had to use the cord pulse, part of the reason is because the placenta is anterior (in the front) and so it's a little harder when our baby is still small to hear or feel things. The placenta was low-lying at our 19 week ultrasound, we have another ultrasound around 28 weeks and we are hoping it has moved up by then. :)

At 26 weeks:


  • I have gained about 14 pounds so far.
  • I've noticed that this little nugget gets really active right before I go to bed, around 10:30-11. I also feel a lot of kicks right when I wake up in the morning, lol, she's pretty quiet in the late afternoon. 
  • The boys and I have been walking 3 miles 3-5 times per week on the River Trail, I have also been doing my Jillian Michael's workout DVD 4 times per week.
  • The last week I have felt SO HUNGRY ALL THE TIME. I have been loosely tracking my calories just to make sure I'm getting enough/not getting too many, but there are some days when even if I've gone over my calories for the day, I feel like I'm starving. lol. 
  • I've been using this Redstone clay peppermint toothpaste and I LOVE the flavor, I crave it. I craved peppermint with all of my other pregnancies, too. 
  • I have been loving the combination of strawberries and grapes together, I have also been loving strawberries, grapes, and watermelon together! lol. I also really like those Belvita sandwich things that have either chocolate or yogurt creme in the middle. 
  • For breakfast I make a protein smoothie with Orgain protein powder, almond butter, cacao powder, vanilla greek yogurt, hemp seed, a little maple syrup, almond milk, blueberries, and spinach. Jeremy and I split it, and the boys usually have some, too. I also try to eat 3-4 eggs per week, but they just don't sound good. :l I usually have a piece of cinnamon toast with it and it helps. Other regular things I try to get in: grapefruit, Tillamook raspberry yogurt (it's SO good and is a good serving of protein for the calories!), chocolate overnight oats before bed, and I try to make a really good source of protein for dinner, usually chicken breast because it's so lean and is loaded with protein. 
  • I have been taking the same vitamins as I mentioned in my last post! :)
  • I have a water bottle that tracks my water and tells me how much I need, it's fun and helps so much! I have been drinking between 80-90 ounces, usually. 
  • I started going to the chiropractor every other week about two months ago, next week I will be switching to weekly visits, and closer to our due date I will probably start going twice per week. Along with that, I've been trying to stretch really well after my workouts. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.