Bridger is a little over 7.5 months old now and my baby is on the go! He can crawl so fast! He also started pulling himself up onto things and standing a little over two weeks ago...so I thought I could have some "practice" walking sessions with him (I know, I'm a nerd) but...I was like "come to mommy..." over and over and I could tell he was nervous but wanted to come to me, so he let go with one hand, then I grabbed his other hand and halfway to me, I let go and he stood by himself for like 2 seconds!!!!!! Holy cow!! My big boy. :) He also cut tooth #2 yesterday! ...Only 18 more to go... :(
Anyway, I've been down in Hurricane for the past week, I head home tomorrow to pick my love up at the airport...I. Can. Not. Wait. My heart gets all fluttery just thinking about finally seeing him after two weeks! I missed him. a lot. As bad as I want to go home to pick Jeremy up, I have a hard time leaving Hurricane and my parents, our little family just LOVES being down hereThe only bummer is that school starts on Monday. :P I'm hoping and praying that this semester is not as hard as last semester. If I could do it over again, would I have still gone to school with a brand new baby?? To tell you the truth, I don't know. Now that I look back, I'm glad I just did it and got it over with, but I'm not going to lie, it was hard. One class almost killed me, and I literally almost dropped out of school because of it-add a fussy, colicky, high-maintenance newborn to that= very stressed out new mom and student! It was a learning experience, that's for sure, but I think I've become at least a little better because of it. :)
So, you know how Jeremy got to go to Puerto Rico for two weeks for work (cough*vacation*cough) well, I wanted to go. bad. So we made a little compromise and he said he would take me somewhere for our anniversary in a month. :) I just want some time with my husband away from home (it's different, you know?) He's always wanted to go on a cruise, so we researched and researched and found a cruise for an awesome deal! We invited my parents to come along, they love cruises and we love hanging out with them (Plus, they can help out with Bridger ha ha. ;) don't tell them I said that...) so they are coming too. It's a carribean cruise that leaves from Miami for seven days, I hope Bridger does okay on the flights... :) But I think it will be fun!
One more thing...
Just a little tidbit from my head as of late...I heard a quote somewhere about how the closer we are to God, the more He will help us see what we can fix in ourselves. I really like that (of course, I didn't describe it as well, but you get what it means right?) I had never thought about things in that light before...so, that led to these thoughts...in my personal opinion, I think one of the hardest gifts to develop, or have?, be blessed with?, is the ability to be happy for other people, no matter what. For example, if someone gets something I've wanted or wished for, whether it be a job, a car, a pregnancy, a vacation, an award, or whatever else you could think of...I want to be able to sincerely say "congratulations!" or "how awesome, good job!" without feeling jealous or sad or sorry for myself. (I hope this is understandable...trying to write my feelings out shows me just how confusing I really am... :s poor Jeremy...) Have you ever gotten really excited about something you get to do and want to tell someone and they totally crush your excitement and make you feel bad because you know even though they don't say it out loud they feel sorry for themselves? Well, I have. It sucks. I want to be the kind of person that no matter what the person wants to tell me, they can leave feeling more happy. I think this is one of the hardest but really important gifts a person could have, if you have been blessed with it then that's awesome, maybe not everyone has to work on this, but I do. Anyway, that's what I've been thinking of lately, hopefully someone understands...ha ha :)
Friday, August 26, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
How fun! I think cruises are the best vacations. What ports do you go to?
ReplyDeleteThat sounds so fun! And I can't believe your little Bridger is that old already. It seems like people are pregnant FOREVER then once they have the baby time goes by crazy fast.
ReplyDeleteMarisa-we are stopping in cozumel, Mexico...ocho rios, Jamaica...and I can't remember the last one ha ha somewhere around there though!
ReplyDeleteClaire-It's so true, I have a hard time with it sometimes ha ha, I just want him to be my sweet little baby boy forever but every stage we're like "this is our favorite stage so far!" It's so fun to see him grow. I am excited for you to have your baby soon! :) Good luck with everything!